The Grand Cafe

Unfortunately some will wear as a badge of honour.

Not good, we need a sad button to. Flooding is can be pretty nasty.

Weā€™ve gone from fire to flooding within 2 weeks but no one is complaining.

1 Like

(just as an example how we can give a dislike, not that I dislike your post)

1 Like

We seriously need rain. None for over a month and last year driest on record where we are.

1 Like

Itā€™s a gift from your broā€™s across the ditch.

1 Like

Last weekends storm affected mostly the region around the Eng/Welsh border & the River Severn, the previous weekend storm preloaded the River Severn but the bad flooding was further north on other small river systems & steep valleys that run water off the Peaks & Pennines (hills)
Iā€™m on the Thame (a tributary of the Thames), we missed a big rain dump, although it was bad enough.

3 Likes

This was my town the previous weekend, I live in the northern area on the edge of the Pennines. I live 100m up the hill above this luckily for me.

4 Likes

Has it all subsided

Yep, that was the weekend (I was in London with my family), the water was down by Monday. I spent Tuesday in a local business just behind the sports centre in that picture helping them clean up, they were producing cheese again by the end of the week.

1 Like

We drove up and back to Brisbane in the last 15 days thereā€™s rivers running that hadnā€™t for years. The old cow cockies were all dancing in the pubs.

2 Likes

I dislike it :star_struck:. More seriously I am aware it can be a disaster for some

Thatā€™s excellent news! :partying_face: :clinking_glasses:

1 Like

Have we calmed down posting sensible nonsense?

That is indeed wonderful newsā€¦

have a large beerā€¦ one from my sideā€¦ we will settle later :beers: :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

I was wondering is Naim and @Richard.Dane would allow us to have an off topic thread :eyes: :thinking: :smiley:

Thats on the edge, MPW! I envy your Philips CD960 if my wife would allow ā€¦

If you have a suggestion for a cheaper model :slight_smile:

dont tell her its a CD960 :grin:

being on the edge and sometimes falling off it was an Aquarian trait - i read somewhere ā€¦ :thinking:

Do you mean a thread that is off topic, or a thread called ā€œOff topicā€, that is then on topic?