The Grand Cafe

depends on whether you want to burn it or turn it into a dining table and chairs … :sunglasses:

Burn it :slight_smile: it’s quite wet though, I’m a bit worried that it starts rotting. Hopefully some good weeks in summer solve the problem.

If you can get it under cover, stacked loosely so that air can circulate.
By undercover, see the diagram here How to Dry Firewood: 15 Steps (with Pictures) - wikiHow

1 Like

If it’s surface wet you should be okay as long as you store it in a dry place with good ventilation. If it’s newly cut wood, you really need a summer to dry it out properly.

1 Like

Just curious Pete

When you had your N272

Did you have the optional DAB/FM radio module ?

Maybe it never came to fruition anyway

Cheers

Don’t think it did, I only used the iradio streams.

Also stack it vertically if you can, rather than lying on its side.

1 Like

The 272 certainly did/does have the FM/DAB option. It’s not an add in module though, it was a specify when you order option and can’t be retro-fitted. My 272 has it. It works fine, but the FM SQ was never that good. Works ok for DAB which sounds rubbish anyway, at least in UK.

Has anyone refused to upgrade further because the quality of recordings of the music they like to listen to becomes the limiting factor of SQ?

I occasionally put on the odd album that sounds crap due to poor recording/mixing/mastering, which spoils the enjoyment of music. I have found better Naim kit can ruthlessly reveal these deficiencies, whereas lesser kit can mask them somewhat.

Thankfully it doesn’t happen often, but when it does, I hear myself muttering…’what is the point of me spending all this money on the ultimate hifi when recordings can sound so sh1t’.

Rant over.

Funny you should post that, I’m watching the tennis (great match) at the same time trawling the internet looking for better quality classic 80s albums I own. I’m surprised how difficult it is. So you maybe right cause imo Naim gear is not very forgiving to poor recordings.

Don’t know if you get to see it but the Australian Open mens final just ended, what a match. Won’t say much in case some may watch later but you need to invest more than 5 hours.

2nd longest men’s final ever apparently.

That doesn’t surprise me it’s after 1.00am. Off to bed.

Sleep well Pete!

1 Like

Great tennis………glad the tournament ended on a high👍

1 Like

Me too at one stage Mrs and I had decided not to watch this year. However I’m glad we did.

1 Like

I’m getting hearing aid and home elevator ad’s for a long time now despite being in my lower fourties.

I wonder, are the guys I’m online connected too older than I? (note correct usage of ‘I’ whereas younger Brits use ‘me’ nowadays).

Where are the days that I was categorised with date-able or fertile people?

I beg to differ. The correct use at the end of that sentence is “me” as it is the object. Use “I” when the subject and “me” when the object. That’s my understanding.

3 Likes

Is that not just an abbreviation ‘older than I (am)’ ?

Anyway I think it is all about me. :rofl:

3 Likes

I think that ‘I’ is correct, ‘me’ is accepted and currently normal. There is an implied “am” following the “I”.
‘me’ is a first-person, objective case pronoun. It is used in place of “I” when the first person follows a verb or a preposition. So “She Loves me, She loves me not” because ‘me’ is following the verb.
In the sentence in question, there is no verb present - it is, as I say, implied but not spoken.

3 Likes