The Grand Cafe

Let me look !!! :crazy_face::crazy_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Has a great day at the zoo.

I just had a listen to the Klimax through a Chord Ultima 6 into Totem Wind speakers, and I have to say it was an absolute delight and only 2 boxes with a power lead each, an Ethernet to the streamer and 2 RCAs to the power amp. And the Winds only has a week on them.

If I was starting again and had the money and a big enough room, it’s a bit of a dream end game with the Linn stereo amp (which they didn’t have in stock). The quality and 2 box count of the Linn is very attractive.

Aside from that, I’m taking home a Chord Array BNC plug to try out on the NDX2.

Family dinner tonight and head home tomorrow in time for the big winter blast.

2 Likes

Yes I think Linn are really doing some good stuff at the moment Mike, and they were at the forefront of the digital streaming way

I like the fact one can upgrade their streamers with a better DAC board, probably expensive but not like having to replace a whole box

One could even make it a one box count if went for their range of active speakers , alas never heard them

However I believe the sound is very detailed and clinical, ( great for classical music) , not like the driving prat naim sound we are use to

Each to their own I guess

Safe journey home Mike - is that about 2/3 hours I’ve driven it but can’t remember

The Seleck with the top DAC and on board power amp is about the same cost as a Nova, but different design approaches and sound no doubt. It would certainty be an interesting option without the power amp into the Linn active speakers. Naim really need to offering this type of product I think.

2 without stopping. 3 with the girls :flushed:

Ha ha :+1:

1 Like

Would love to pitch the ND555 vs Linn Klimax DMS

What a battle that would be

1 Like

Mrs Pete wasn’t meant to be home till late tomorrow she’s just rang and told me she’s on her way now, doh. All those things I was quietly do in morning I now have to be them now. In a hurry.

You’re screwed big time mate :flushed:

2 Likes

Sit down and drink a couple of bottles of wine before she gets home

You will be really screwed then :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I’m trying to watch the Swans and enjoy a beer, she’s about 2 hours away I’m definitely screwed.

1 Like

It’s been 3 hrs now, he’s well buggered.

No he’s taken Mrs Pete out for dinner so she won’t get to see much of my rather quick clean up. I’m just at the bar doubling her alcohol order. :grin:

3 Likes

I’ve resisted the temptation. Concluded, yet again, to stay where I am. Maybe tweak a cable and will try the Ground Array thing to refine what I have. Changing the power amp only sets myself up for having to add levels. or split, the Fraim to get the best from another set up. I’ll sit tight and only review again if we change homes and have a different room to work with.

One thing I’ll say, the Naim has a certain “solidity” to the presentation that seems hard to find with other systems.

1 Like

Agreed it’s what keeps drawing me in it’s that prat thingy.

1 Like

@Mike_S

And another super rugby title to my team the Crusaders

6 in a row I believe , don’t know how they do it

Their coach Razor Robertson should be the AB’s coach

2 Likes

Boring. :yawning_face:

Ha ha

I love packing the dishwasher.

1 Like

We don’t have dishwasher at present, however even when we did we hardly ever used it. We found for 2 people it’s just as easy to wash up as you go.

That’s packed rather tightly.

1 Like