The Grand Cafe

Cassettes anyone :eyes:

2 Likes

My Universal Player won’t , but it is a long way off that machine .

In fact I bought some interconnects earlier this week to get over this occasional problem .

I believe you would need the matching DAC from Perfect Wave as the signal from the transport would be encoded.
SACD is a real faf.
Your Cambridge CXUHD would be great with a Linn DSM using the HDMI inputs. :wink:

1 Like

Have to say I was originally looking for a transport that would play SACD but was talked out of. My dealer told me there’s not many around and there a bit of a problem.

I’m sure my dealer would agree, now that he doesn’t sell Naim, and sells Linn!

2 Likes

The 2 items I regret selling in all my Naim years

(1) CD555
(2) NAT 02 Tuner olive

No regrets on anything else

1 Like

You sold a CD555 :flushed:

1 Like

Only 2, I’d be here all night if I went through all my regrets

1 Like

Yeah mad hay, if I had one of those suckers I’d never let it go.

I did indeed Mike

I had the full 500 series system

No regrets on flogging the 552 and 500 as now live in smaller digs. But what a goose re the 555

2 Likes

There’s a 300 DR on auction here at the moment. But that 250 DR has really come on song. You seem happy with a 262/250 coming down from the 552/500?

Happy as

Funny - it’s what I had before going to the 500 series

Yes the 552 is better than the 252 but there is really something about the 252/250dr combo , I’m really happy with it

No interest in the 300, don’t need another black box thanks

2 Likes

Come on everyone needs another black box. :grin::rofl:

2 Likes

I’ve already got about 19 tucked away

But you never know, might get a rush of blood , it’s happened before :smiley:

1 Like

Anyway, I’m listing to WYWH via the Core (2016 experience edition apparently). Will track down the hi-res downloads tomorrow. Pete says they’re good and it doesn’t involve any suspicious courier deliveries. I barely got away with the ChordAray :eyes:

I would have loved a NAT 02 and indeed tried to buy a NAT 01 in the month they stopped production.

My three audio regrets are

• trading in my LP12 - which was broken up for spares

• giving away my Ruark Sabres to someone who blew them up

• trading in my Michell Technodec, instead of upgrading it to Technoarm and Ortofon Black

I can’t say I regret selling kit but the LP12 was not an easy deck to keep for occasional use once I’d committed to the new cd media, the p3 made more sense. In my dotage I have a nostalgic wish to have one back on display with my cb kit, but it makes no sense.

Yes - the regrets Ian

At least I now have the NAT01/NAPST now which is quite amazing, I have it on a lot

Purchased it through kind gent in the UK a few years ago in immaculate condition

2 Likes

I use Tellurium QBII speaker cables so I accidentally strayed on to that thread. I am now having a lie down in a darkened room within the safety of the Grand Cafe before heading off to the tranquility of the What are you listening to thread. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Julian V had one in development many moons ago. But it never got to the retailers …