The Grand Cafe

That reminds me, I saw country Joe McDonald at a tiny little venue, it was a small pub, when I was 17 and still hitchhiking around Canada. That would have been '73. Great show of course but I don’t remember the song porpoise mouth.
I’ll have to look that up and listen to it.

Given how cheap and simple it is, I’m not sure why you would risk not having a will. One of other important aspects, that hasn’t been mentioned yet, is including an advance statement (aka living will) so that there is no confusion as to what you want to happen in the event you or your wife are incapacitated. For example, doctors can’t choose to continue medical treatment against your wishes.

In UK the best, but admittedly quite expensive, way to do that is to give Lasting Powers of Attorney to someone you trust. That process takes months to complete currently, so it’s not something to leave until it’s necessary.

Keep in mind probate and tax implications.
Better to have a will where we live.

Yeah, pretty sure a Will is the best route. Then there is only a 1.5% probate tax. The rest is tax-free.

I’ve decided I’m going to dismantle my system and Fraim next week. I’m going to then set system up on the smaller wall to make way for two cd racks I’ve just ordered, finally able to then get all the CDs out of boxes. Also this way I can connect my SL speaker cables and easily do some side by side testing when the Spectra turn up.

3 Likes

Will the system be between the speakers then, or next to one, to get the 3.5m superlumina to reach?

Between but I’ll bring the speakers forward so there’ll space between.

2 Likes

Very good. We all see tbese pics of members kit with so much sh*t between the speakers and one of the speakers buried in a corner, and both against the wall, and we all cringe. But we’re usually polite about it…

1 Like

Excellent place with great value and usually a must-do when we are up from Canberra. We really feared they might not survive the virus…Anyhow, for a change we thought we would try the swanky new outdoor restaurant next to the Hyatt for a change, booked in 3 months ago as a treat before flying out to UK next month. They called this week to cancel us to make way for a Corporate do, back to Fish at the Rocks for us :smiley:

Good on you H2S

Just curious Pete

What CD storage units did you purchase ?

Cheers

CD Storage could be a whole thread in itself

I use these, as I have downsized/simplified the system these have migrated into the rack

Screenshot 2022-11-24 at 09.09.44

@Pete_the_painter

True but I think Pete will have his CD’s on display which is fantastic

That’s why I’m curious to know , it’s always a challenge to achieve the best result

Bought 2 of these they hold 1116 CDs, stupid thing is I had 2 and sold them when we sold.

2 Likes

Goodness how many CDs do you have ?

If there are no children or dependants then I can’t see the issue. There’s talk of 270K and half this and half that but that all seems to be when children are involved. 1.5% probate tax? What’s that? We’ve done probate (ourselves on line) for two parents and there was no tax, just a simple filing fee plus, ISTR, £1.50 per copy of the certificate.

However :slight_smile: I take on board all the advise and, one day, we’ll probably get around to it :wink:

About 1600

1 Like

Bloody hell - you should have purchased my CD 555 :crazy_face::crazy_face:

I did listen to it and I was interested but Harry told the guy that owned it wanted way too much.

1 Like