The Grand Cafe

Ha ha - probably at the time

My biggest regret letting that one go damn it

There’s no way I would have let that cd player slip through my hands.

Re my CDs they’re in boxes I want to get them out a play via my Audiolab player. I’ve now got to redesign my the storage in my studio.

1 Like

Good one

At least the CD555 went to a good home - and we know him well :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I would have been a better home, they probably listen to Abba.

1 Like

Somehow I doubt it

I would love a new generation cd player, apparently they’re able to unlock lots of information that older cd players were unable too.

Yep agree I wish naim would develop a top notch premium one again

@Richard.Dane

Richard do you know roughly how many CD555’s were manufactured over the years ?

Cheers

The Luxman looks good but it’s $20ks Mrs Pete would kill me.

I don’t know the numbers Bevo. Probably a question best asked of someone at Naim - maybe try an email to Naim support.

Thanks Richard - will do

Have a try of an Accuphase sacd/cd player, excellent build quality and sound……cheaper than luxman here.

Hi. The 1.5% probate tax is a Canadian thing. The other poster I was replying to is also in Canada so that probably doesn’t apply to you. But I really was of the same mind as you on whether a will is really even required, but all things considered it sounds like the best way to arrange things. I suppose there can still be a challenge to an estate if there’s no will.

1 Like

There isn’t probate tax in the UK Steve. You potentially have inheritance tax to worry about, but as there is none on the first death if everything goes to the partner, it will be for whoever deals with the estate after the second death to sort out.

1 Like

Morning/evening Gazza, I have had a look those but at over $16k it’s not much of a saving.

2 Likes

Its black friday…….deals……deals…….yes, most rubbish😉

Black Friday sales, where on earth did we that from (it’s rhetorical). 5 years ago we never heard now it’s all we hear, it’s just another marketing ploy.

4 Likes

I have about 50% of CD’s stored in pull out drawers on cabinet that TV sits on - apologies quality of image

Looking down on them which I find is pretty good to locate , rather than looking sideways

Problem is I need two of these cabinets but not going there

Other 50% on normal shelves which is ok but less important ones shall we say

2 Likes

How do get anything on the bottom without everything falling over. You really need to look at the units I’ve just bought. They’ll definitely solve your problem (not to mention untidiness Mrs Pete was less than impressed, she did say I bet he’s a bachelor :rofl::rofl:) and they’re pretty good value. Should get mine early next I’ll post some photos.

On the Central Coast this weekend got a party tomorrow night and Mrs Pete’s got a baby shower to go to on Sunday. One thing I can tell you people aren’t as friendly down here.

Only an Aussie couldn’t figure out that image

Look at it on the horizontal

You will see the bottom of the TV and then the two drawers come out underneath so can look down on them he CD sleeves

Then just close the drawers when not in use so CDs hidden

Doh

Ha ha I thought they were stacked. I really can’t walk, talk and post at the same time.

Still untidy thought and don’t be so racist. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like