The Grand Cafe

Yes……down south in the bbq region if the U.S……was very very good.
The thought……drooling🥺

Google says:

A cut of flat iron comes from the chuck shoulder primal. This is in the front shoulder of the steer and is the same place you would get a chuck roast. Because flat iron steak comes from the chuck region, it’s not a super expensive steak. Despite that, it has the quality of a very expensive cut of meat.

3 Likes

Damn Google takes the mystique out of everything. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

I’d question perhaps…

Two of my recently moved neighbors lived originally in London and whenever we spoke about a corner shop they would use the word cafe, but pronounce it KAF… I’ve always pronounced it KA-FAY… Have i been doing it wrong all these years?

It’s a caf if builders use it, or a cafe if the Islington set bestow upon it their custom.

1 Like

Funny for a country that makes a habit out of shortening words for titles/places/names we call it coffee shop.

1 Like

That ruins the joke rather, unless there’s a vegan in Texas.

And being sued.

A coffee shop is where you would go and have a coffee and maybe a pastry.

A caf-ay is where you’d go and have a sandwich or light lunch but not usually a coffee.

A caf is where you would go and have a fry up and a mug of tea. And workmen…their lunch.

None of the above are a corner shop which would sell anything you might need but forgot to get at the supermarket.

8 Likes

That’s pretty close to how I see it. :+1:

1 Like

I remember asking a butcher many years ago what he thought was the best tasting steak and without hesitation he said Rib eye.
More recently I asked a locally well respected butcher what steak he would choose for himself and he said Ribeye.
Just saying. But that’s what I tend to go for and I’m never disappointed

3 Likes

After many decades of extensive research I’ve come to the same conclusion. Ribeye.

Willy.

2 Likes

Personally, Mrs Q & I prefer a Sirloin🤷🏻‍♂️

We get a cut here that’s called a cattleman’s cutlet it (I think) contains ribeye and sirloin. Damn big but cooked over coal and served rare to mid rare is wonderful.

I used to be a ribeye fan, but whilst working in down in Brasil I discovered the joys of the churrascaria and thence picanha, or top of rump.

Cooked correctly, this is the tastiest, juiciest beef ever, and comfortably sees off ribeye any day of the week. :yum: :yum:

2 Likes

…another vote for ribeye!

Always my favorite when I ate red meat! It has been quite awhile since I have eaten any red meat. Most meals are vegetarian, fish, and occasionally chicken or pork.

1 Like

Ribeye seems to be the favourite amongst the carnivores here.

1 Like

Also forgot to mention I know you’re a big advocate for better health, as of yesterday I’ve officially lost 10kgs (have no idea what that is in pounds, sorry) in just over 3 months and I’ve still around 5kgs to go.

6 Likes

Outstanding!

…a loss of 22+ pounds, steady pace and great work!

1 Like

The smokehouse place that shut down in our area because his rent doubled used to smoke his brisket for 22 hours. It was fabulous and the best thing on the menu. And that’s in Canada, so I guess it’s just a matter of expertise.

1 Like