The Grand Cafe

That’s very cute I’d thought a chainsaw would have scared him.

Cute though they are

1 Like

It scares the s**t out of me

1 Like

I’m not allowed one. When we moved to town Mrs Pete went to the local hardware store and told them never to sell me one.

3 Likes

Quite right. I am amazed anyone, particularly me, can walk into a store and buy one and operate it with no training at all.

I can damage himself with a steak knife

1 Like

I have to hold any piece of A4 with tongs.

3 Likes

Happy birthday Pete, good review on the other thread, pretty much where i came out on it……what you gain in clarity, it seems to lose some of the old magic……just different.

2 Likes

Happy birthday old chap.

1 Like

Different is the best way to describe the new combo.

Turn up the volume of the hifi, open windows and play buzzard sounds. I’ve done it - it great fun seeing hundreds of birds instantly being silent or hiding themselves.

1 Like

Adding happy birthday Pete.

2 Likes

Happy Birthday Pete, nice to see you back here ( after only a few days).

3 Likes

The hunt that cute little radioactive capsule in the middle of nowhere……looks fun🥺

1 Like

You’ll see me glowing in the dark and I won’t need to worry reception.

1 Like

Happy Birthday Pete.
Mrs QS was of much the same opinion regarding Me & a Chainsaw. So she gave it to our neighbours son who is a Tree Surgeon on the provisio that we got good rates for him to trim the trees​:man_shrugging:t2::face_with_diagonal_mouth:

1 Like

And how is Eoin, are you out of London ?

best wishes

Ian

1 Like

Hi Ian, I headed home today. It’s nice to be here, although Finchley also feels like home (Mum & Dad bought the house in 1967 when I was 3, so it will always be home at one level). I’m doing well. I’ve been out on the Tube, been into central London, I walk between 1.5 and 3.5 miles a day, I even had a small glass of Ravenswood Zin at the weekend (which hit pretty hard as it was my third small drink since last June).
I’ve been looking at all the support equipment I have, none of which I need any more, I’ll contact the district nurses tomorrow to see if I can get them collected, that feels good.

12 Likes

Swimming was like a metaphor this morning. I got in alone it got busy for a while and when I’d finished there was no one else in the water.

@Mike_S has the rain eased.

1 Like

Good to see you’re on the mend. :+1:

1 Like