The Grand Cafe

Really !!!

I think, here down under, the classic range is way better value now over the new classic gear.

1 Like

Well yes I (like a lot of people) donā€™t have an unlimited stream of money and now at this stage any upgrades are in the $10k minimum lots.

1 Like

Donā€™t forget that ā€œcableā€ I mentioned though.

What cable?

And yes I think the New Classic (itā€™s that an oxymoron) is poor value here and barring anything out of the blue I canā€™t see me dipping my toes in that pool.

1 Like

Yeah if Iā€™m truthful probably the same Pete unless I keep working for few more years and not sure about that - itā€™s getting harder

Besides you have a home to build and anything can happen there money wise

Home more important that hifi :+1:

1 Like

Yes I donā€™t get the first estimate for a few weeks (Iā€™m holding my breath). Maybe after itā€™s built I may have a look.

We canā€™t discuss it here.

Iā€™m not running on all cylinders at the moment Iā€™ll have see if I can remember tomorrow. :grin:

1 Like

Good luck

I must admit Iā€™m enjoying the music these days with currently no intention of changing any naim gear

Only change is Harry coming next week to swap over my current LP12 Birds Eye maple Plinth for a more traditional fluted walnut plinth which Iā€™ve had tucked under my bed for couple of years , lovely piece of wood manufactured by Simon Price out of UK - heā€™s a master craftsman

1 Like

Agree Mike

And besides that more importantly I reckon the naim distributor has got the retail price of the released new classics wrong in Aus and NZ

At those prices I donā€™t reckon ( maybe Iā€™m wrong) theyā€™re will not exactly be flying out the door thatā€™s for sure

1 Like

Harry fixed a mates turntable up the other day as well. My mate was surprised by Harryā€™s age I wasnā€™t cause Iā€™ve known him since 94.

And I might add he loves what he does and will keep going I reckon

When we are older and heā€™s even older we will be ringing him for house calls so he can maintain our aging gear

Letā€™s face it - if he doesnā€™t do it who will :rofl::rofl:

There wonā€™t be another dealer like him.

Found out last week that one of the guys at my dealerā€™s passed away. He was a top bloke and gave me loads of support with my first Naim, a UnitiQute2. A big loss really, he had been in the game for over 25 years.

1 Like

Yes - No way Pete - itā€™s really sad

Iā€™m a bit worried about it all / turntables need checking from time to time not to mention new stylus being installed and aligned

Harryā€™s great at that, you know heā€™s done it to perfection

No one else in Aus as far as Iā€™m aware

Ex Naim distributor in NZ now has the Linn distributorship he will be able to do it , heā€™s a legend also

Overall itā€™s a real issue from a customer point of view

Chris is great, but no spring chicken either. Heā€™s done well though, has a Statement set-up. but heā€™s done the hard yards and excels with his serve, so full kudos to him. I hope some new younger blood comes through.

1 Like

Mike none of us are spring chickens, my hearing will probably give up before I get a chance to upgrade again. :grin:

1 Like

Haha be positive Pete youā€™re a spring chicken :crazy_face::crazy_face:

Well compared to me :grinning:

2 Likes

Fckin old turkey would more accurate. :grin: