The Grand Cafe

Fiddlesticks, that would have been a fun weekend. Stay strong young man.

1 Like

Much better today but canceled the weekend just in case. I think itā€™s better to stay off the streets for a few more days and not risk anyone else. Tuesday/Wednesday was horrible donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever felt that bad.

Luckily everyoneā€™s decided to cancel the weekend and rescheduled later.

Interesting note I tested negative on the Tuesday when I was sick but positive on Thursday when I was starting to feel better.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s quite common I believe. We were all sick over summer, particularly the girls, I just had fatigue for one day. Mrs Mike had a negative test, Miss Mike and I didnā€™t bother with tests. We just stay home when sick anyway. Fairly certain it was the ā€œthingā€.

1 Like

Staying off the street is definitely a priority. If the prick that gave it to me stayed home (assuming they knew of course) I wouldnā€™t have got it.

3 Likes

My daughter recently noted that she tested negative and felt better, but then her fiance came down with itā€¦ā€¦she then started to get faint positive tests again. She put it down to the viral load in the air in the house going up due to her fiance, she breathing that air in?

Anyway glad you are better.

1 Like

Cheers Gazza, it was a pretty intense 3 or 4 days. I normally donā€™t get the flu or colds so I wasnā€™t ready for it but this hit like a truck.

2 Likes

Have you had the dredid Covid before Pete?

Over a year ago it hit me for about 2 or so days , just felt a bit lazy thatā€™s all

No Iā€™ve always bragged about not getting it, thatā€™ll teach me.

Same here just walking down the hallway requires a rest halfway.

Our trusty dealer and I ( he deserves a medal ) did a quick trip down south yesterday - installed the nDAC on the Core plus I purchased the small stand mount neat Petite Classics - small second system down there

I couldnā€™t believe the difference

Heā€™s the guru :+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

Glad youā€™re feeling better.

When I got it in April 2020, it hospitalised me and nearly did me in.

When I got home I had extreme fatigue for about six months, plus had to use a stick around the house for about six weeks. Suffered also with dizziness for over a year.

Funny thing is, Mrs DG didnā€™t catch at the time. When she got it in February 2022, although testing Positive, had no symptoms at all and, I didnā€™t catch it.

Strange old thing, this Covid.

Now, fine as anything and enjoying the Jazz.

DGā€¦.

1 Like

Indeed DG

One of my nephews has had long covid for 2 years - heā€™s not feeling too good at all this week - it comes and goes , last week was fine

Itā€™s tough / he works in hospitality so who knows

1 Like

Gee glad youā€™re ok but Iā€™m hoping I donā€™t have the same result. Does make you feel lazy and the sweating I feel like I need a shower every 4 hours.

1 Like

@Mike_S

Well chaps - after couple of years of you 2 giving me flak of not having a streamer , as you know Iā€™ve have the NDX2 for month or so

Comments compared to other sources

: great SQ and vast selection of music
: CD comparison- still great as using my CD5xS through NDX2 and XPS2 , as is NDX2 with XPS2 - good SQ - just as good as NDX2 depending on album

Now punch line re above

Vinyl still rules but ( and big but ) costs probably at least 3 times cost to get over the top of the others not to mention the price of vinyl

Itā€™s great to have all formats , they all have their benefits

Iā€™m in a happy space

7 Likes

Iā€™ve screen shot that post for future reference.

I find thereā€™s very little between the NDX2 and the CDs probably cause itā€™s the same DAC.

1 Like

Itā€™s great that youā€™re in a happy space with it all. Having several sources is great, and having one that is really good is even better. Iā€™m looking forward to getting my vinyl a little better, closer to streaming - so I can enjoy my old records. As Iā€™m fully invested in streaming, going big on vinyl is beyond where I want to go and the cost of new LPā€™s is a bit of barrier too (especially as Iā€™d need to import most I what I listen to).

The good news is that you can get quite a bit more out of your NDX2 with a better power supply and ā€œcablesā€ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Yeah - Harry and I tried the CD5XS with NDAC ( no PS ) and itā€™s a bloody good combo

I suspect as you do the CD5XS through NDX2 nDAC is just as good - probably correct human prain at its limit

The benefactor is the PS

But vinyl rules ha ha :+1:not matter what

Open up your wallet mate :crazy_face::crazy_face:

@Pete_the_painter

Long talk with Harry yesterday

He is waiting on these cables where he can compare the classic gear with the new classic gear

He will give his informed advice to his customers on what his ears are hearing

No bullshit

1 Like

Regardless of the outcome Iā€™m staying put.

1 Like

So am I Pete

Itā€™s actually not about money

1 Like

No it is actually about money. :rofl::rofl:

1 Like