The Grand Cafe

It’s horrid stuff for sure don’t know why the English still drink it

This ex-brit is dead jealous stuck here in the Canberra winter. Never mind; not sure if it’s your thing but I read a nice article in the UK Telegraph this morning on the newly refurbed National Portrait Gallery off Trafalgar Sq, opens on 22 June.

1 Like

Canberra is a damn cold place great restaurants though. :grin:

Going to an Ashes match in the UK has been on my bucket list since before I knew it was called a bucket list.

2 Likes

I saw NZ play England at Lords when I lived in London :sunglasses:

1 Like

@Mike_S

You could tuck a nait 50 under each arm to bring back for Mike and I as we play vinyl :grinning::grinning::grinning::crazy_face::crazy_face:

1 Like

Yeah I could do that but I’d keep one for me.

I’m sure you’d find a place on your body for a third :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Or should I say - a place

1 Like

Spinning some Rush on vinyl right now @Bevo. The reborn Rega Planar 3 certainty sounds better than it ought to, punches well above its weight.

1 Like

At least they have dealers over there who know what the price is.

2 Likes

We went to Salisbury when last in England. When we got home my dealer said “why didn’t you tell me you were going, we would have arranged a tour of the Naim factory for you” :flushed::flushed::flushed:

1 Like

Ha ha ha, think this current distributor is struggling.

1 Like

@Pete_the_painter

Yes I think the tour has to be arranged through the dealer and then the distributor

Good luck on that one currently Pete

1 Like

Sent Harry an email this morning apparently hasn’t been asked for years. Hope he gets the right one don’t want to end up in Slovakia. :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Yes, unfortunately 3 of the best, not far from us, have closed in the past 12 months - I guess its tough putting on a culinary performance every night now knowing whether you will turn in a profit for all that work. Doing my domestic campaign to move to Manly a lot of good though!

Wasn’t it Siberia?

That’s a shame I used to have to go Canberra once a week in the 90s for work. Fortunately or fortunately depending how you view it it also meant lots of long lunches on company expense accounts. It’s how business was done then. Even thought of moving there but we decided against it. There were always good restaurants and lots of choices, the best steak I’ve ever had was from a place all the politicians and embassy staff used go to. We don’t get down there much these days and I don’t like their winters.

I do love the National Gallery and especially standing in front of that huge Jackson Pollock.

2 Likes

London Waterloo 07:10 gets into Salisbury at 8:43. It is doable. Some later trains take 45 minutes longer……more stops, so be careful.

2 Likes

Brit Rail fantastic Gazza imo

Try down under - it’s crap

That’s good to know apparently I’m staying somewhere in or around Kensington. It’s hard to grab a cab, cheers.

The station is on the other side of Salisbury from Naim HQ……35 minute walk across the city if your google map is working or a 10 minute cab, traffic permitting.

1 Like