The Grand Cafe

Soounds like a good time, glad you’re up for it now.
Cheers.

1 Like

I was just looking at the AtA Australia web site. Some stuff is now 50% or more off retail price. A new ND555 is half price, an NDX2 less than half price!

3 Likes

Yep I see that Mike

When you click on some of the products like the NDX2 it comes up saying choices - not sure what that means

Must have another look. I see the SN3 no longer available and SCDR only one is a demo unit

Be tough for them to get rid of the higher end gear in this economic environment

Blimey that is £9,000 in proper money.

1 Like

Exactly why I’m not upgrading

2 Likes

Yeah, I noticed that. There are some of those grey special edition models that are going even cheaper!

1 Like

How do you mean, because of impact in used prices? The used market here has really crashed, great for buying classic gear though. New sales must be hard - the Nova PE is $20K……

1 Like

Ah yes the SE tin finish thanks :+1:

1 Like

Can’t see me changing to the NC gear either Pete , no need to I reckon

Maybe an updated SN3 but would have to be pretty special to beat the current SN3

1 Like

Too much going on in my life to worry about upgrading my black boxes.

7 Likes

For sure Pete , more important things

Was down the Coast weekend or so ago

The LP12 40th Klimax/252/SCDR/250DR with Neat ultimatum XLS’s sounding sublime

No need to do anything at all, no point

1 Like

I’m enjoying just listening to some music when I get the opportunity, I don’t need any additional pressure.

3 Likes

Yes, black boxes aren’t even on the list when it comes to everything important in life.

4 Likes

Having seen the nice new Aus Focal-Naim website, as posted in the thread about the abysmal UK website, is the Australasia distributor now up and running?

Wouldn’t know I’ll have a look, but they’re going to struggle to get past A2A who’s got huge stock they’re trying to get rid off at crazy prices. To make matters worse they even have some early New Classics. Naim should have negotiate their return and let the new distributor have them, of course that’s just my opinion. That way all of us may have been able to upgrade, I’m sure it’s been posted before.

Naim always held their value here caused it made sense. They’re a premium brand.

1 Like

Am I the only one who thinks all this AI is BS? Dumbing down every and a disturbing step towards a dystopian future of humans serviant to machines?

3 Likes

No you’re not the only one, I think it’s a little scary. I’m all for going forward but seems we’re being run by mega wealthy geeks from the compounds usually on islands.

3 Likes

I agree with both of you. I guess there are some excellent purposes for AI, but some of it does seem unnecessary or unnatural.

1 Like

Geek islands everywhere

AI just another cash grab from a few powerful people

Bloody scary is right I have no idea where this heading - probably to oblivion

1 Like

1984 :grin:

2 Likes