The latest iOS app release 5.12 missing favourites bug

Now just found that the touch panel is not responsive at all on my main Muso.

Did a power cycle and still the same.

I will never understand how most software updates nowadays, actually make things worse.

Apple, Naim, Windows etc etc etc.

Having a problem with app finding then losing my muso. It starts playing Tidal or Servers then disappears from the app. Cannot connect through Bluetooth from iPhone or iPad although my son’s phone with no app installed can connect through Airplay.
Have a NDX2 on the same router which performs perfectly.
Very frustrating - reinstalled app rebooted router and MuSo but no improvement. Anyone else having problems?

In order not to have any problems with Land Rover touch pro pro I blocked the IOS update of my iPhone. The companies then delay the adjustment and the consequent updates

Just noticed that after installing IOS App 5.12.1 on IPad, only folder view of Albums / Artists etc . is available. The other options have gone. eg the list option. I liked having a choice. Is this a planned update (!) or a cockup? ( I have Nova and Unitiserve).

No - it is not an intended behaviour.

Please shut down the app (by swiping it off).
Then re-start both devices and once they are up - restart the app.

Mind you - the above should not be needed at all and never happened to me. So I suspect some of the network configs may be creating a conflict.

Thanks Adam. I tried the restart but still the same. By the way no list option on Internet Radio either.
Is it worth trying a restart on my router or is Naim support my next stop? Thanks

Dave

Yes - please re-start the router if there is trouble with iRadio

The interface has changed in the new version of the app.

If you select iradio for example and drag down the screen, you get a search box and an icon that lets you swap between views.

Best

David

Thanks for your help chaps. I never would have thought to have tried that!

Dave

Is this on iOS?

All i get is my notification screen

You are pulling down too high up! Put your finger an inch from the top of the screen and pull down, like you were refreshing your email in the email app.
Best
David

Thanks David.

Managed to do the pull down, but the screen just bounces back up again with no other options.

Not sure what to say. I just tried it again here and it works like I say.

So choose iradio, I’m looking at 9 music symbols on my iPhone. If I pull down from anywhere in those, the search box and icons for display options appear and stay there?

Best

David

No, nothing.

Even deleted the app and reinstalled but still the same.

Not sure if it makes a difference but this is on my Musos

Got up this morning and turned on iRadio to my local station, and now nearly all the station logos don’t appear at all, even on the main listening page.

I am guessing that as i reinstalled the app, they got deleted from the app cache.

Yes

I had a play with iradio on my muso Qb just now. If you select iradio, then it behaves as you say.

But if you then navigate to a folder, like “Naim’s Choice” for example, you are now in a screen with multiple stations showing. If you drag down and release the part of the screen where the stations are, you will get the search box and the icons to let you change the view.

Best

David

1 Like

I have a similar issue with my NDX2. Yesterday, the Radio tab disappeared from the Naim app on my iPhone (latest iOS 12.2 update). A reboot of the NDX2 and app has restored the tab in the app. However, on playback, some station logos are not showing now on the NDX2 screen (track name appears as usual but no logo), whereas all station logos show up ok in the app.

Anyone else having similar issues?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.