The Naim Forum Album of the Year 2023 - The Poll!

Very poor selection. :zipper_mouth_face:

Itā€™s the will of the people - I simply counted up what members cited as their favourites of the year.

5 Likes

Fair enough it is what is.

1 Like

You will never please everyone. Itā€™s only peopleā€™s recommendations after all.
I find it useful to check our stuff Iā€™ve never heard off regardless whether I end up liking it or not.
Merry Xmas to everybody.

4 Likes

I still think Daughter has been robbed by not being in this vote, I suspect Mick Jagger and Peter Gabriel nobbled the count, taking away their biggest competition :smiley: :wink:

The phrase ā€œDonā€™t shoot the messengerā€ comes to mind!

3 Likes

Iā€™m not sure what else you expect me to say - I explained how it works in the opening post

2 Likes

Ah, you may have misunderstood my post - I was taking your side Mr Duck (you being the messenger)!!

Apologies! I didnā€™t interpret it as flak

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :+1: Iā€™ll go back to sipping my wine. Merry Christmas!!

1 Like

Very poor contribution. :zipper_mouth_face:

6 Likes

It was indeed. :+1:t2:

Mr Duck.

Your threads have lead me to two new-to-me albums that I am really enjoying

So thanks.

Bruce

1 Like

Maybe it just wasnā€™t a great year, but thanks @crispyduck for taking the time to pull it all together, Iā€™ll definitely visit a few of them in the poll that Iā€™m not familiar with.

Merry Christmas to all.

2 Likes

For those of you who have Tidal hereā€™s a playlist containing these twelve albums (149 tracks, 11 hours) if you like to listen to all before voting

https://tidal.com/playlist/cc9b0481-ed3c-4fb4-a24f-a9be5123df6e

2 Likes

The pensioners come out top. Theyā€™re only making new stuff now as the pension pot is running low.
Regarding talent Jagger and Co should have gone to the nursing home years ago.

Donā€™t worry, Jim. I donā€™t think Iā€™ve heard any of them.
Happy Christmas to you and yours.

1 Like

Very best wishes to you and yours Clive.
I hope Santa has been to see you.

1 Like

Limited time for music these days so not heard any of these yet. New purchases will be very few next year as I already own more music than I can listen to, not to mention podcasts, etc.

As The Quietus mentioned, there is a turn in our culture, which has fragmented over the last 15 years, and there is no longer a general consensus about music. This year, in particular, has seen publicationsā€™ end-of-year lists being ā€˜far less predictable than usual, with no consensus and a bewildering array of records in contention.ā€™

As an example, this forumā€™s suggestions alone had 120-plus different albums. Each of these nominated albums meant something to someone on this forum. If youā€™re willing to invest time and effort, then 2023 is a great year for music.

6 Likes