The Naim New Classic range - Part 1

Reminds me of an old 70s dining table my parents used to have. This was the “relatives are round” mode IIRC.
Personally, I like it and if I were in the market, would seriously consider it.

1 Like

Well that can’t be a bad thing the only time I had the opportunity to listen to the Statement I was completely blown away.

1 Like

I believe it was posted somewhere that the full 5-series line up will be sold as normal for “a foreseeable future”.

Is that like the football manager who receives a vote of confidence from the Board… :grin:

1 Like

@110dB
Is anybody out there running a 222 at present.?
If so, can you manage to select Other Settings/Remote/Motion Select. I can select Motion Select, but it will not stay permanently selected, after returning to Home Screen, then going back to Motion Select.

Thanks, not sure I can find this exactly but my question is not so much about connections (understand cables are being made available) but about sound quality and how grounding works in a mixed scenario?

Sounds like the Beta test team will need folk with a 222. Hint hint… :smiley:

2 Likes

I don’t notice it

2 Likes

Hi @pslosarc can you help with the following
Is anybody out there running a 222 at present.?
If so, can you manage to select Other Settings/Remote/Motion Select. I can select Motion Select, but it will not stay permanently selected, after returning to Home Screen, then going back to Motion Select.

@Richard.Dane Hi Richard, what is the best way these days to report a possible fault on a NSC-222? Thanks.

Heard this new setup attached to B&W802D4s at Acoustica Chester last weekend. (It was being listened to by another customer who kindly let me sit in for 5 minutes…many thanks). Very impressive indeed. New 250 packed a real punch to the B&Ws. PRaT in abundance with compulsive and spontaneous foot tapping. Beautiful.

If I were a New to Naim customer willing to spend £16k, it would be very tempting. Really liked the power and presence of those speakers but they are an eye watering £24k too……One day maybe….?

(Fortunately I am currently very happy with my present Naim investment and setup).

Yes, I know it was only 5 minutes, but well done to Naim for a brilliant new series. The future is looking and sounding really good.

6 Likes

Interesting, hopefully I will hear such at a forthcoming Naim 200 Open Day at The Sound Org (York).

Richard

Dealer first, then if no joy there, try naim support.

Thank Richard

1 Like

Hi. I have been streaming Apple lossless for a long time to an NDX 2, Uniti Nova and/or a UnitiQute. Works well but it isn’t done wireless and not via any app in the Naim kit. I have my Apple Mac connected by ethernet (1GB) directly into the Naim. You can also put a GB ethernet switch from your main connection for an Apple TV etc to maintain a direct connection. All the Naims show up as wired nodes in Airplay. Plus it is the way I can stream Apple Lossless to both Naims at the same. You control this from the Mac or via the Remote on your iPhone or iPad. I don’t use Apple Music, it loses too much quality. Unless I missed the direction of your comment, I hope this is of some interest.

1 Like

'Twas ever so.

19 Likes

Different aesthetic completely. Part of a whole.

1 Like

I think ‘aesthetic’ is being kind.

6 Likes

LOL eye of the beholder etc. Personally love that look.

1 Like

Also an example of aesthetic vs ergonomic. Those will surely a lot more usable for a greater number of people.

1 Like