The Naim New Classic range - Part 1

Will there be an alternative ‘white logo’ replacement / swap offered for the ‘Classic’ range of boxes to help visual compatibility? Assuming not, but thought I’d ask.

4 Likes

“New classic” , really rolls off the tongue and sounds more like an instant oxymoron. That’s the least of it. Looked at the new preamp and my 250 amp as a way to lower the box count and wiring confusion but the same multi-box upgrades are already being suggested in the system (just use TWO 300 power supplies). I do like the new caseworks and fins. I see the logo now be illuminated at 3 levels, perhaps a 2nd control for color should have been included - to keep it green, or at the very least a thin “track” at the recess where you can slide in a piece of green cellophane. Despite all that, I’ll still have a look at them but also curious about U.S. prices

1 Like

:+1: Nice stuff

1 Like

I thought the exact same thing. But I’ve now just noticed that @Richard.Dane says definitely made in the great S!

But there are export costs and, I guess US import duty, so not just a currency exchange.

Yes I understand that. It’s Roon ready. I just wondered what the OP meant by can it be an endpoint.

I m curious to see if ne new 282 could be powered by an hi cap dr? It would be a pity for me to loose the compatibility with my hcdr?

The NAC282 can be powered by a HICAP DR.

I don’t know. Probably best for Naim to clarify here.

1 Like

That should be the NVC-3XX which hasn’t been officially rolled out yet. (But still mentioned in some websites, so not sure if I am being too naughty here :innocent:).
So I assume the NVC-TT is something like a Stageline replacement.

1 Like

The actual one but I m thinking about the future one

Do you know if the PS555 can power the new 222 and if the new222 kan be used as a preamp for nap300dr?

From what I can see, it’s built in Salisbury, the 222 is like an expanded version of the Uniti Atom, power supply optional, the casing design matches an Atom without losing touch with current Classics, the 250 is even beefier than today, so you will presumably achieve a great system with a 222/250 at its core. You can see why tying the products together makes sense for the brand. I think the new range will be a winner. I wonder whether existing classics will continue if the 222 is as good as I suspect it’s going to be especially if you opt for the power supply.

2 Likes

What future one?? I think you’re getting ahead of things here. We’re talking about the NSC222 here, not non-existent future products from Naim.

1 Like

New 282?

Edit: I see you clarified above. Thought I had missed something for a second!

Yes and yes. Old and new Burndy available. For 300DR I assume a new type of cable is needed since it doesn’t have dual DIN output.

There are single ended outputs on RCA Phono so should be fine to use into older existing Naim power amps with appropriate cabling.

Hi Matt, it is built in Salisbury

7 Likes

There is an acrylic with a hard surface protection. It’s just like glass, I would expect Naim would use that type.

I wonder if they’re not the same thing maybe? And the -TT is just the version bundled with the Solstice? The way the ‘Special Edition’ was sold did lead me to think that one day you’d be able to get the constituent parts separately. Especially as the deck itself looks like it can be upgraded with the NPX 300