The Naim New Classic range - Part 1

This is Charlie’s system. He has promised me and Slamdam his 500s. He has to keep it quiet though! So ssssshhhhh

2 Likes

I pretty much agree with @Gazza and @Darkebear. The new 200 system has a signature of its own, which does not fully flourish until the 300 power supply is added.

Although it is impossible to directly compare the pre amp section of the 222 to a 282 or 252 (and I have owned both), on the basis of the demo alone (less than ideal circumstances), I would say the 222 was more visceral than sophisticated i.e. leaning towards 282. But you must remember the 200 units we heard were brand new and had much running in to do, so I would expect the SQ will improve over use. Furthermore, my SQ assessment is of the entire 3-box 200 series, not just the pre amp section of the 222. So goodness knows what part the 300 power supply and new 250 play in the overall sound signature. The addition of the 300 power supply certainly brought more definition and tightened up the bass.

10 Likes

@NigelB @Darkebear @Gazza thank you guys.

2 Likes

FYI, your photo is from Len Wallis in Sydney Australia, not China.

Sure is his watermark is clearly visible on the photo

1 Like

It’s also $750ks worth here in that set up.

1 Like

Is this guy rich?

He was now his poor. :grin:

2 Likes

I think Richard told a story in another thread about a customer in Australia who’s wife bought him multi-channel Statement as an anniversary surprise. Or something similar. Pretty sure that pic is that system.

1 Like

Without giving any details away I think I know where that ended up.

2 Likes

As has been said, I think the 222/250 is the perfect upgrade for us Uniti owners, I’ve just swapped out my Uniti Nova for the new boxes and the difference is simply astonishing…… ok , they have only been powered up for 48 hrs so far but already it feels like someone has poured me a triple espresso and de-waxed my ears. Such a step up in pace and excitement. Can’t afford the 300 psu yet but on the radar for the future. I love them! ( playing through my Fyne 501sp Speakers ……in fact I just disconnected my N-Sub. No need for it now! )

84 Likes

You didn’t waste any time, congrats it’s only going to get better.

3 Likes

Certainly looks great to, side by side.

2 Likes

Looks superb. We’re going to have to arrange a listen to the same and compare with our 272, XPS DR, 250 DR combination. As will I suspect, many others. Our speakers are ATC SCM19.

It looks great so much better in design so 2023 enjoy!
how long did you have to wait for delivery ?

2 Likes

They look superb like that! This new design really does look great to my eyes, enjoy!

Cheers,
Mark

3 Likes

It’s one example and one of the few in the public domain, my point earlier being most of these lavish systems are owned by people that don’t hang around on forums debating upgrades!

3 Likes

They built a house next door to their main house just for the system, with an underground monorail linking the two.

Popped into my dealer yesterday expecting to see this new stuff taking pride of place, but no. Still in its boxes awaiting its turn.

1 Like

Concerning your 272, have a look at
9 of the best Naim Audio products of all time | What Hi-Fi? (whathifi.com)
Don’t expect miracles…

Enjoy your day!!

4 Likes