The Naim New Classic range - Part 1

Usually analog preamps have 5 or more line inputs

The NSC222 has 3 analogue (one of which is MM phono) and 4 digital s/pdif inputs.

2 Likes

Looks like it can! According to Richard. Thatā€™s pretty neat actually.

Iā€™ve edited as Iā€™m not entirely sure whether the phono MM input can be configured as line or not. Probably needs some Naim input - @110dB ?

2 Likes

I note that some folks are very pleased with their very new NC combos - having been convinced to upgrade significantly, from where they were. I just wonder if they might have been almost as pleased with a similar significant upwards move, in the previous Naim rangeā€¦?

Just idle speculation. Nothing becomes bad, because a new version comes alongā€¦ :thinking:

3 Likes

I just had a look at the NSC 222 user manual Naim have provided for us all on line and there is nothing in there about reconfiguring the phono input. So it seems to be a DIN, a pair of RCA and a MM phono input.

1 Like

Oh yes it does. Just waiting to pick up one of those schonky old 500ā€™s as soon as they start getting thrown out. :+1:t2:

4 Likes

I couldnā€™t see anything either. Itā€™s a shame - probably wishful thinking on my part - but then I guess if you need more analogue inputs then itā€™s a proper pre-amp you needā€¦

3 Likes

I did try a 250 dr on my Uniti nova , not a patch on the NC stuff,and , so little improvement that I sold the 250dr and just resorted to the bare nova. Iā€™m not a ā€˜box collectorā€™ so the minimal config of the nova appealed, Iā€™ve let my guard down and now have a 2 box solution and heaven knows, may even add the 300 psu. (At this rate, Iā€™ll need a rack!:rofl:)

8 Likes

The question everyone is wondering about but too afraid to ask is whether the Nait 2 shows it a clean pair of heels

8 Likes

Get a rack and do it! at least youā€™ll only have 1 remote and an improved footprint going vertical .

What are we thinking price per unit will be for the 300 series stuff to come? 9k, 11k?

The NAP300 is Ā£8.6k in the UK, at present.

Ā£11,400 - each box is going to be Ā£5,700 :wink:

4 Likes

Same price as two new 250.

The classic Nait 2 will remain while new kit release.
Pity prices has gone crazy.
Had I known Iā€™d never sold any of mine.

1 Like

Think Iā€™m going to buy up all the ex demo 300drs and 252s I can get my hands on. Theyā€™ll go gangbusters when people realise the future cost of going separates.

7 Likes

I think this may be a pretty good assumption for the new monoblocksā€¦the pre-amp maybe Ā£8-9Kā€¦

So, maybe circa Ā£20K pre/power comboā€¦

:pound:

But the pre-amp (although it may be offered with its own internal power supply) will be at its best partnered with the npx300 no? And if youā€™re going down that route, weā€™ll youā€™d just have toā€¦.

1 Like

:+1:

So, maybe Ā£26K pre/power comboā€¦

:pound: :pound: