The Naim New Classic range - Part 1

You better believe it…

28 Likes

I’d have a word with those valeters…….:smirk:

ATB, J

2 Likes

I blame a few too many chases with Mr. Bond in his DB5 with the machine guns and tyre slashers…

11 Likes

I assumed you’d bought it from Mr. B, one careful owner, after M started supplying him with Aston’s at the taxpayers’ expense…. Circa 1964?

ATB J

For those that pulled the trigger immediately and have their 222, has anyone got their box on a fraim shelf below the top surface? How is the clearance to the sockets that seem to be closest to the centre? The most obvious is the turntable input, which would be why I wouldn’t put a 222 on top of the fraim. The other is optical input which I use from a Sky Q box with my 272

I have and no problem with clearance/access for sockets. I have a turntable on top, Melco below, 222 next down and 250 on the bottom shelf.

1 Like

Which are,in turn overpriced Skodas.

3 Likes

The list price for each of the three units here in Seattle is $8999.00. So for 26,997.00 before the 10.1% sales tax added for the privilege of residing in Seattle, King County & Washington State. A premium price for Power Supply, Streamer, PreAmp & PowerAmp.

Looking forward to hearing a demo when available to compare sound to my current system.

Defiantly first world problems…

3 Likes

Corgi Toys 224, Bentley Continental Sports Saloon

4 Likes

I’m not sure I’m ready to fess up on that yet for fear of general scorn from the community :grimacing: Maybe once I’ve let the new gear settle in :wink:

It was green, but now it’s not.

I see a parallel.

G

15 Likes

Thanks Peter. It looked pretty tight to the eye but cannot believe Naim would make it impossible to connect!

First off I think the Bentleys look spectacular yes they might be a little yesterday but for me that’s part of their charm. I certainly wouldn’t say no to a 2 door with a Naim audio system.

Back to the thread. Prices that have been quoted in Aus include the GST (sales tax) and based on current exchange rates $13,500 AUD equals $9,378 USD but you guys then have your various and mysterious state and federal taxes to add.

Wouldn’t it be a mullet running 200 source into full 300 setup ?
I understand the news value/temptation but I’d personally wait and see what’s come up in 300 range.

My appointment to listen to the new kit on Friday has been postponed - dealer hasn’t yet received the cable to connect the new 250 to a nova : (

Just a quick question - have you heard 222 and 300?

$15K each in New Zealand :hot_face:

Ouch…

7800 quid. Even taking into account transport, that’s an enormous margin…

1 Like

Having compared a bare 222 to my 282 I am confident that 222 and PS will be right up there compared to a current 282. Plenty of people run the 282 with 300 without it being thought of as a mullet

2 Likes