The Naim New Classic range - Part 1

I have only ever heard my 135 fans come on last summer during the heat wave. I think the case has to get up to 70C. They are in a log cabin the garden which gets pretty warm with the sun on it. You can’t hear them over music even at low levels. I listen pretty loud in the main. The 250 has always needed a fan as mine tripped out fairly often during the summer.

@seakayaker this is exactly what I would do as well. Compare a system with another is really complicated and I think that changing one component at a time it will be my way, starting from the 250. Honestly I m super happy with my ndac and till when I will be in Egypt i cannot use any streaming service, this is why I dream to maintain my hi cap and have a new balanced version of the 282 with no streamer embedded and let my ndac sing

2 Likes

It would appear that the motion detect error on the remote control for the NSC-222, has now been rectified. This is achieved, by downloading and installing the latest update for it.
Thank you Naim :blush:

2 Likes

What was the issue exactly?

When you picked the remote up, it would illuminate. You could deselect it in the App, but it would not remain.

2 Likes

@Gazza Thank you. Do you ever miss the PMC Twenty5 26 speakers?

I’d be really interested as to what you thought of the new trio……enjoy the demo!

Kr,
Rich

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :rofl:

1 Like

Not versus the Ovators……but i would like a play with-a BB6 or more

Seriously thinking about getting an A/C installed before the Summer in mine Paul.
External AHU with high level internal Head Unit.
My brother did it in his when it was built and it makes it a lot more comfortable in the summer. Besides, ‘Big Fans’ make ‘Big Noise’ and his A/C unit, though not silent, is a lot quieter and more effective.

1 Like

I miss mine at times…………because they only weighed 25Kg :blush:

1 Like

I had thought about trading in my 250DR to get the new 250 but my dealer advised me to stick with it for a year as he believed second-hand prices for the Classic range would rise again. His view was that a few unscrupulous parties are deliberately undervaluing at the moment which he is not prepared to do to valued long-term customers. This, the overall great service and that they know how to set up an LP12 as well as anyone is why I have been using this dealer since the late 80s.

8 Likes

I must admit prices are low at the moment as dealers start to sell off demo equipment. I could get an ex demo 252 and super cap for considerably less than the 222 and 300ps

1 Like

I thought Salisbury was centre of the universe!

5 Likes

No, that is Tatooine.

3 Likes

It’s officially Wallace Idaho (at least it’s official in Wallace) , a manhole cover marks the spot.

2 Likes

In this post post modern era the individual is the centre of the universe. That’s me.

Please me please.

Why would only physics be the ultimate science?

2 Likes

17 Likes

The world is changing, like it or not………Nowedays the profits for the shareholders are more important than happy customers……The owner of Naim is the Vervent Audio Group. It is easy to see on the internet who is investing in the Vervent Group. And those investment companies want to make money……snif……

Happy days, and enjoy the Naim you have………

8 Likes

I disagree with this. I spent a few hours yesterday testing the new classics. We started by listening to a few tracks with the nova (to replicate my current set up). Then added the new 250. The step up was remarkable in my opinion. Then we swapped out the nova for the 222. Another step up, although in my opinion, on the tracks we listened to, the 250 step up was bigger.

I could try to articulate the differences, but people with much better hifi vocabulary than me have already expressed it much better than I could earlier in this thread.

Anyway, as always, I’d advise having a listen if you get a chance because your ears are the best judge.

My 250 should be here mid March :grinning:

7 Likes