The Naim New Classic range - Part 1

Yes greatly appreciated - putting aside all the emotion around it all, it’s roughly where I was thinking it would all sit in terms of SQ

Cheers

Emotion where’d you get that idea from. :flushed:

1 Like

Probably from you ha :crazy_face:

I’m happy with my Muso II . The rest of the product line in the US isn’t really price competitive. But I think that US products are probably not a good value in the U.K.

3 Likes

Check ‘the other’ Ak outlet (Money,money,money) the discounts are there :roll_eyes:

Well all I can say I won’t be doing the wrong thing to my beloved long suffering dealer , no matter if they get discounted to zero !!

I have principles :+1:

3 Likes

I auditioned the New Classic series in three-box form at Audience Bath on Wednesday. Speakers were Kudos S20s and Spendor D7.2s, cable NACA5. It has to be said that the cases look great in the flesh.

Overall impressions were positive, with a lively delivery and great clarity (e.g. on female vocals).

Bass definition lacked something and I didn’t get as much midrange punch as I do with my current system. Instrument separation wasn’t as good, There wasn’t as much ‘presence’ with live recordings.

It has to be said it’s not really a valid electronics to electronics comparison as the speakers were different as was the room. Would I trade in my NDS/252/300DR for a three-box New Classic system (as I was considering before the demo)? The answer has to be an emphatic no. But I’ve scratched the itch now. Excitedly waiting for the rumoured NC300 series separates.

22 Likes

I’d expect nothing less from a fellow Kiwi :sunglasses:

1 Like

:+1::+1::+1::pray::pray:

Yes but he also has other brands. Like you I certainly won’t be blaming him he’s the poor bugger that has to face the public.

No matter what Harry still has my full support.

2 Likes

What infuriates me more thinking about it ( don’t get me started )

If yours or my place had a fire or got flooded and gear gone , the insurance replacement payout has reduced significantly well below what we have paid initially

Pretty disgusting if you ask me

We’d be forced to get a 3 in 1 ghetto blaster :rage:

I’d be forced into crime.

Great review and your thoughts are very similar to mine :+1:

1 Like

I’ll join you

Being a Kiwi you could probably teach me :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I’ve written a book on it , about to be released

Not only will it be a best seller it will pay for all this new naim gear coming out :smiley::smiley::smiley:

1 Like

I’ll steal a copy

1 Like

Got me there, quicker than me :+1:

I also auditioned the new gear today at my dealer, also in three box form. It was sitting exactly where the former 282/250DR/HiCap DR was, with the same speakers, Sopra 2 - a set up I have listened to a lot in the last couple of years.

My findings are exactly the same as @bitsrbits The new gear was good, but to my ears not on the same level as what it replaced in the shop. The bass, while good, was not as textured nor did it have as much detail. The mid range also suffered in comparison and the soundstaging was not as good.

I expect the 300 level equipment will be very good, but at what cost?

I walked out with the ex-demo 282/250DR/HiCap DR. I am ridiculously happy.

38 Likes