The Naim New Classic range - Part 1

You must be a Airbus A350 driver, which means you are smart. I agree with your reply. Absent a big pay bump amidst a forthcoming global recession (depression?) the New Classic separates range is out of my reach in the USA. Used 282/250DR maybe. New Classic Supernait 4 maybe.

2 Likes

Just purchased the new 250 to go with the 252/SupercapDR sounding very promising so far! Greater scale and grip like you mention and much fleeter of foot than the 250DR. Will be intersting how it breaks in.

6 Likes

Thatā€™s as may be, but you have to factor in the cost of a source for a fair comparison.

3 Likes

So are people saying theyā€™d be happier paying IRO Ā£13,700 for 4 old classic boxes (282, 250DR, HicapDR and ND5XS2) for a potentially inferior sounding system compared to the new 2 box 222 and 250? Iā€™ve heard the new classic and it is that good in my humble.

3 Likes

Thank you for these comments Antz around your listening experience on the new classics

Itā€™s very insightful, whilst I havenā€™t heard the gear yet Iā€™m thinking your conclusions make complete sense and you have hit the mark in all areas

Cheers

1 Like

Goodness me - most of the current gear at our level now retailing at a discount of 35% , NDX2 at 30%

At least that is on the distributors retail outlet

My 252/SCDR/250DR going nowhere !

2 Likes

I know itā€™s a joke and you and I both know why.

Go figure 12 months ago most of it went up by about 10-20%. In your many years of buying Naim have you ever seen it bottom out like it is now. It didnā€™t when they went from Olive to the Classic the transition was managed much better.

4 Likes

Having naim gear since late 79 I have never seen anything like this at all

Itā€™s so disappointing

5 Likes

Where are you looking? (Donā€™t post the actual web link, just the name).

Grab it!

Would like to know too, AudioT are still showing the same prices for the previous classic range.

Mark

1 Like

Just type in Naim, Addicted to Audio.

2 Likes

The point is that regardless of the falling prices our gear still sounds fantastic. It just makes upgrading almost impossible and kinda makes me think Iā€™ve been ripped off. Not a great feeling and Iā€™m sure Iā€™m not the only one.

2 Likes

Their NZ is all full priceā€¦.

Ah, Australia, missed that detail :roll_eyes:

Here their prices are falling quicker than crypto.

Gosh, I just had a look. I think if either of you want any last orders on classic stuff, you need to take the plunge now.

1 Like

Iā€™d consider a 300 but my 250 would be lucky to be worth $3ks as a new one is almost half price.

Plus I need another Fraim level and new cables plus and plus. :grin:

1 Like

just wanted tp give my honest views on new Classics

when I got home played some of the same tracks on my system, hence my conclustions and comments

3 Likes

Thanks for the great review and your honest response. Cheers.

1 Like