The Naim New Classic range - Part 1

A very positive endorsement - and what Naim should always be aiming for… :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thank you @110dB for the useful upgrade path recommendation. I would also like to add that my NPX 300 does not show any buzzing issues when powered on, unlike my XPS DR.

2 Likes

:grinning:

…The new PSU architecture is more of an alignment than an ‘include everything’ philosophy.

As and when new products launch this will become clearer. We hope everyone likes the simplicity and versatility.

12 Likes

Just found a Naim White Paper that @110dB has written, on Balanced Connections.

It’s on TomTom’s site, so I will not link it here… :expressionless:

I could not find it among the White Papers listed on the Naim audio site…?

Maybe @110dB or @Richard.Dane can provide a legit link…?

2 Likes

I’ve sent Naim a request.

4 Likes

Oooh, nice, been wondering about when that would turn up. Thank you for the heads up

1 Like

What would you recommend as a first step. Upgrade to the 222 or NC250 with a 272/XPS (or 555)/250 system?

My XPS DR has no buzzing or humming issues.

2 Likes

Great @Stephen_Tate ! It means that you don’t have any DC offset in your mains or that your XPS is within perfect tolerance. For toroidal transformers, sometimes it’s like rolling the dice… but if your network is clean then it’s even better!

2 Likes

Have you tried removing and then replacing your farad super three PS since you got your new system to see whether the difference is greater than it was when you first installed it?

Nope, have not. I sold the Ifi so would only have the original going back to. They offer free try before you buy so no risk trying at home if interested :slight_smile:

Not mine either…

I rather think it’s time to replace my 272, Slamdam. At least in the long run.

I got the sense you wanted to keep the 272 for a while and update things around it :blush: If everything is on the table I would also replace the 272. I couldn’t wait for 222 so went another route. Many ways getting happy with naim :blush:

2 Likes

@110dB just out of curiosity, why does the NC250 have a factory reset button?

Hi @nicnaim,

NAP 250 has an ARM microcontroller that runs background tasks such as the inter-product communications. The rear control PCB is common to other products.

A reset button can be a good idea with any product that has software.
The reset button is also the LED brightness button (dual function).

Pressing the button manually cycles through the 3 brightness levels. This is used when not connected to another product such as NSC 222. When connected (via optical coms) the two units a synchronised i.e. the NSC 222 app controls the 250

8 Likes

Hoping the 222/300 I have on order, arrives at my dealer’s today, which was the predicted delivery date sent by Naim to my dealer when I ordered it on the 5th Jan. My fingers and other digits are crossed. Also, have my upgraded LP12 ready, so it could be a weekend of many changes to my system.

5 Likes

5 weeks in with my 222/250/300 and I have encountered or should I say my wife has encountered a serious problem since having this new kit :thinking: It sounds so good I am listening to music instead of checking off the to do list she provides me :flushed::joy:

33 Likes

Have you noticed much change in the sonic signature as it’s settled in? If yes, can you characterize the change?

1 Like

Yes, there are many ways. This is at my dealer right now, the market for old Classic products has started to move in Sweden…

4 Likes