The Naim New Classic range - Part 1

I’m talking about cables often and again then. It’s super easy to “tune” a system and get totally different results replacing a single cable. If I put Lavender in my system I get a warm more powerful less detailed but maybe more easy on the ears sound, and if I replace this single 1m cable (DIN DIN) with Sarum T then it’s like a totally different system with loads of details, bigger soundstage and all such. So when demoing boxes one have to consider the signature of the cables you have in the former setup that might be perfect for that setup but totally off for the new one. Same when visiting the shop. Most likely they have expensive SL, Sarum or Music backing things up and these totally change the signature of a system if you have say naca5 and Lavender. Tuning :blush:

@Lucifer You are not allowed yo change your profile picture. I’m too old for changes like that! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Might have found a glitch in the 222 !
I have found twice now my system has turned on and started playing on its own. It seems to be activated by other blue tooth items once it was JBL earbuds and another it was an app we use for our Victron kit.
I would think it’s a simple patch that will be released once Naim are aware but then it could be unique to my system. any thoughts as the 2nd time it decided to play
Bon Jovi at 2am .

…or a UPnP stream?

Can you turn BT off?

Anyone in the house use Spotify? Try turning the Spotify input off for a while.

Speaking of cables Slamdam… My dealer has a used Sarum T for connection between a preamp, in my case 272, and 250DR. What do you think about it, pending the 222 investment?:thinking:

I’m sure it’s a great update if you use original today. Many including me have went with Witchhat Morgana. Try it if you can. It’s a lot to do with synergy with many things in play so the most expensive is not always the best in my experience. Have in mind though that if you plan upgrading boxes it might be better to do the cable upgrades later :blush: Says one that never done it that way… :see_no_evil:

Btw, the lavender I have had in the box is a really great cable. It’s a lot of things it is lacking but the core in music engagement is really a strength it possess. I many times think about what is making some equipment more interesting to listen to than other even though it is technically less good. What in music reproduction makes it engaging. It’s not a flat frequency curve that’s for sure.

2 Likes

will do EE cellular for me
Thank you

no Spotify but will try the same with Tidal and Quobuz
Cheers

I meant Bluetooth off not Bt as in phone provider…

As in turn it off and then back on again ?

It’s in there. It just needs to be fully unlocked. Like I said earlier we’ve been able to bring in and inject some sharpness to the NSC 222/NPX 300, New Classic NAP 250 combination which helped invigorate and elevated the truly superb performance of this trio to absolutely thrilling.

Since then over the last over the last couple of weeks this has evolved to the NSC 222/NPX 300, New Classic NAP 250 combination now having lightning fast transients like those of the CDX MK1/XPS MK1 :sunglasses: FANTASTIC and I love it :slightly_smiling_face:

How are you doing that?

2 Likes

9 Likes

Yes that would be interesting to know.

But only if it’s within forum rules and does not involve a trade member discussing/promoting products outside of the Naim fold…

2 Likes

No doubt a box of “magic” that costs as much as the black boxes and a sprinkling of cables as thick as your forearm.

1 Like

You still thinking about it :wink:

Anyone using a turntable through the 222s phonostage? How you finding it?

I have but it’s only a low level Project. However, there is a noticeable improvement over the SuperUniti.

2 Likes