The Naim New Classic range - Part 1

Have I missed anything it’s almost the 19th here.

2 Likes

That’s not a bad idea, I could even grab one to run of the 552 and avoid an extra box.

I see on the naim website CD players but there is only one player…and the picture shows a white logo/display as well…

Does that mean Naim is introducing a new player or even better, players, as they should?

1 Like

Yes we’re wanting a naim phono (classic) for exactly that reason. Running from SCDR via 252. Straight swap with Stageline, and we can’t justify another SCDR for occasional vinyl listening.

Of course there are other great options around £1k but those require another power socket.

1 Like

Looks like they got the dates wrong. C-ck up in marketing :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:, or the French have taken charge….

I forgot, I have a MM, so would need the Stageline, still, could be a bargain.

We’re MM too but would move cartridge at same time as phono change if a Superline became available.

Our lowly Stageline is by far the most basic thing in the rack now.

2 Likes

It’s day (their time) isn’t or is now the 19th?

1 Like

It’s 8AM on Thursday 18th of May in UK right now. 18th just got going :slight_smile:

Aujourd’hui c’est le 18 mai en France!

4 Likes

It’s 8am here in the UK. Information on the launch of the new kit is embargoed until 8.30am GMT, so 9.30 BST here in the UK.

2 Likes

Yes and absolutely nothing on R4 Today program. Perhaps the online Times update at 09:00 will have something.

5 Likes

The shape of the legs on the frame is for the aesthetic surely. (By the by I have two rack arrays, 3 and 4 level). Being at the rear why not swap out that extrusion for a smaller, simple pipe style. 1” versus 4+” on the original :man_shrugging:

spoilsport

1 Like

An hour and 8 minutes, so. Time for a prog session and some red wine.

2 Likes

I could have had an extra hour in bed :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

Same here and I’m in Australia :grimacing:

1 Like

Paul. There are two versions of that in common parlance … in the eating and in the pudding. I think in future I will use eating of the pudding which pulls them together.

Isn’t it tea time now down under? :thinking:

:+1: