The Naim New Classic range - Part 1

I’d insist on home demo.

1 Like

…. But the music is shared evenly since a simple sh Nait 3 can give more pleasure than a statement system to a million a year touching football player …

3 Likes

Maybe he can be encouraged to start a new thread entitled “the listening room royalty“

I suspect fraim is being phased out is more likely. I simply don’t see dedicated HiFi racks selling in big enough numbers to be interesting to a VC funded company looking to expand.

So as a business I can well imagine they’ll keep selling it, but no new developments will take place in that department, nor will it be taken into consideration when developing new kit.

2 Likes

They have recently launched a plug and play speaker kit which only works / fits in the 911

It must be the promised mass market offering.

3 Likes

£3600 per kit

“While waiting for the news, we show a pause picture” I think fits well an evening like this… (From the spring fair in Stockholm)

8 Likes

The 222 is a streaming preamp, so a good deal of a similar budget will have been spent on the streaming, D/A section, etc., so at around the same budget as a 282, it might be expected that the 282 might be better, especially with an analogue source?

Equally, if you already have a high end digital source, like the Hugo TT2, what would be the rationale to buy a streaming preamp? A pure preamp could well be a better use of similar funds.

Another possibility is the 222 is more accurate, but you prefer the sound of the 282. Nothing wrong with this, preference plays a very large role at this level of gear.

1 Like

There’s a Naim dealer on Scottsdale Road – very nice shop; I was there the last time I was in town.

Thanks, he stopped selling Naim some time back, invested significant $$ in a Naim Focal showroom and they just weren’t selling, according to him. He abandoned the brand. He’s also the highest sales $ Linn dealer in the US iirc.

That’s interesting. A while ago the Focal powered by Naim web site showed a “store opening soon” in Christchurch, New Zealand. But I see it’s no longer listed. So, I wonder how that branding chain is working out?

1 Like

It was a stupid idea. We have maybe 500,000 people that live in this area. Quite why they thought there would be sufficient market to support a store selling only Focal and Naim products, I have no idea.

3 Likes

Why’s it taking so long, it’s been the 18th all day and now it is dark :flushed:

3 Likes

Ha ha

Doomsday for you mate :frowning::frowning:

1 Like

I see the new classic page on naim website has dropped all references to 300 series products. So someone jumped the gun……

I presume the paragraph covering 332/333/350 will reappear later today.

Interesting piece will be the NVC branding since the website said NVC TT and US website had a picture with an NVC331 sticker on rear of unit.

3 Likes

IainO - that is absolutely hilarious :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, I noticed that too. Someone dropped the ball and marketing will want to have their moment of glory with the spin-doctoring.

The NVC is the only product we’re interested in.

Not because we want to buy one, but because we’re hoping others will to enable our Stageline to Superline upgrade.

Green lights all the way :smile:

2 Likes

The models have been all over google for ages, I doubt anyone from naim marketing will be approached by MI6.

Once everything was “in the wild” it might have been better to release a roadmap and teasers rather than the quasi embargo of the last 5 months…

3 Likes