The Naim New Classic range - Part 1

That’s probably one that’s best tried out with a demo at your dealer. I’m sure we’ll start getting some feedback soon from members here who have been arranging appointments over the last few days.

Thanks for the response mate, i have a feeling its a bit early to tell. i sort of meant technically

Thanks Steve the quality of your contribution in this thread is really unbelievable. Thanks a lot

4 Likes

@110dB is the Bluetooth two way, eg can it transmit to headphones as well as receive from phones etc?

1 Like

@110dB thank you for your insight and sharing it. Truly amazing and enlightening.

2 Likes

Ooh, just noticed the user manuals (at least for the NSC 222) are now online from the Naim website!

[edit: and the NAP 250, but not so far the NPX 300]

3 Likes

It is important your pair of speaker cables are both the same length, up to a
recommended maximum of 20m. Unlike some earlier Naim designs, we do not
mandate a minimum speaker cable length, but would still suggest you avoid
sub 2m lengths.

2 Likes

The key thing with this range, as with all audio products, will be how they sound. I hope they are good, and look forward to reading about this in due course, rather than all of this toe-curling NAIM backslapping, which perhaps should be on a separate thread…?

3 Likes

I like the new modern look as well. I have a Unity 2, a Unity Nova and a simple CD Player from Naim.
2 Ideas: a) If you have an old Unity 2 and you buy a new gear, than you should offer the old color as an alternative.
b) It looks like the power on is now on the front. If yes than its good, if not, not useful, to have the power knob on the rear.
c) Dont forget the CDs, they are not dead. Because Naim was always known for their best of CD-Players. But now missing the better generation. And why not an 24bit-CD? as the Japanese do it. (Technics, Yamaha, and more) Regards Helmut

5 Likes

As hinted by others there’s other goodies soon :wink:

…otherwise we have some large complex projects 80% of the team are working on. There’s some nice little projects too.

As always there’s ultra exciting feasibility projects; this next one is 99% going to make production in about two years.

…if there’s any audio, digital, analogue engineers out there that would like to join the R&D team (Salisbury based) and help please get in touch!

24 Likes

not at this point sorry

Think it was asked earlier by Chris but how does the new PS work with the Solstice? Does it power both the deck and Phono pre?

1 Like

Just the turntable

3 Likes

Interesting! Thanks for clarifying. I am, obviously going to have to try that at some point!

1 Like

I’m ordering one just for that purpose

1 Like

Yours or demo units?

Excelent! Possibly the first one. We will all be eagerly awaiting feedback. What did you have before this?

4 Likes

Nova & 250DR. I will try and give some thoughts once its bedded in.

7 Likes

Whilst the first point is obviously true…A bit harsh on the second old chap

4 Likes

Im expecting now that the prices of ND555 and 555PS DR will extremely go down… LoL :sweat_smile: