The Naim New Classic range - Part 1

absolutely, We can tell our partners that we are going to save money by upgrading!

6 Likes

It looks like I can replace my 272 with the 222 and be good to go with my 555PS and 250DR.

5 Likes

Unless they sound better than their competitors at 8,999 USD…

Looks like they’ve put the speaker terminals on the right way!!!

2 Likes

Good point, The NPX300 looks like a XPS / PS 555 / Supercap replacement.

Given the change to balanced connections and just the Type 3 and 4 Burndy sockets on the NPX 300, It looks like we finally lose the routing of the audio signal through the power supply connectivity too when the new preamp(s) arrive.

3 Likes

Can I make a comment on the copy used on the new Streaming PreAmp

“Want to enjoy vinyls” - Ahh

The plural of vinyl records is vinyl records.
“I have that on Vinyl” is correct
“Do you want to listen to a Vinyl record” is also correct

But not ‘vinyls’ to refer to multiple vinyl records.

If you could please correct, as it really offends

21 Likes

See my post above - I saw them on the line in Salisbury when I was last at the factory.

3 Likes

Just like my intellect.

2 Likes

I hope to hear everyone’s experiences who gets to demo or order them. Unfortunately that’s lottery win only territory to me.

1 Like

Thats is, IMO, extremely damning. Staff turnover is a bad sign.

8 Likes

I think it’s perspex, but will try to get confirmation one way or another.

That was a quick appraisal. “You’re doing really well. Bye” :rofl:

:wink:

It’s just that to date we have pretty much been able to mix and match CB, olive and ‘old Classic’ in our systems - same interconnects to a large extent, and ability to easily mix DR with non-DR.

I’m quite unclear if this will be the case going forwards.

Naturally products evolve and if you were starting out with high-end separates these new Classic look like a lovely combination. I suspect most of us however will have built up systems over many many years gradually and if we did so again I suspect most might not have 12-17k to splash out before considering speakers.

3 Likes

So not just assembled in Salisbury? Normally there are technicalities that differ between made in, assembled in, designed in. There are normally reasons choosing one over the other which translates to the amount of product being built in that country.

I thought it was well known Simon and quite a few others left during the course of the last 18 months. Charlie, Clare, a lot of the marketing department. These products would have taken a significant amount of time to develop so those people will have been deeply involved in them. They won’t be in whatever comes after 200 and 300 series…

3 Likes

is the middle part is made of metal ?

Pure analogue pre-amp, with switched resistor volume control (as per Statement)

3 Likes

That must have been them noisy buqqers that kept doing circuits round Toulouse!

1 Like

Nope, not to me. I only knew about Clare - because she used to post on here.

Obviously I have not been paying attention… :expressionless:

3 Likes

They look great!

Am I confused or are the speaker terminals in the new 250 “the right way”?

1 Like