The new NAIT 50 Limited Edition

Do I need a better steamer ? But need CD too :grin:

Really? The Neat Ekstra with a Nait 2?
I’ll look into that cause I love my Nait 2,and still trying to find a great match for it.

I believe the SignatureXL is next.

1 Like

For those interested or capable of building diy speakers, I can’t help but think Troels Gravesen has some designs that would be a great match for this little amplifier. Most are very generous in terms of sensitivity and are a very easy load. For example the “scan speak discovery 10” 90db sensitivity and 4-8 ohm impedance.

11 Likes

Well my earlier post was a bit tongue in cheek, but…

I listened to the Naim Nait 50 today at a dealer and it is very good. Faster and lighter than a Supernait 3 with a good musical flow and focus. I did detect a slightly bright treble for my tastes, but I did ask for a home demo.

Then I got home and my Marantz HD AMP 1 had arrived. I slotted it into my main system where the Supernait 3 was, driving some Proac Tablette 10’s (easy to drive), and -

Wow ! It was very good too. A less wide soundstage than the SN3, but again it has a lighter more musical sound. It was punchy and focused. A superb match for the Tablette’s, and its not even run in yet. Possibly slightly rolled off at the extremes and a splashy but not bright treble, but I’m being super critical here. I wasn’t expecting it to be this good.

The sound was similar to the NN50, and they share a similar size and power output. Marantz of course are famous for their ‘musical sound’ with a focus on the midrange and the musical flow.

I think Naim have ‘done a Marantz’ with the sound of the NN50 !

2 Likes

Indeed, Bob Surgeoner demoed the Ekstra with his own Nait2 at Cranage a couple of years ago, and it was one of the best sounds of the show - source was WT Versalex IIRC. I’ll see if I can find the pics…

Here we go, and a small write up of my impression in this thread too…

5 Likes

I read that the Neat Acoustics Ministra is the bookshelf version of the Ekstra.
I have a small room so I prefer bookshelves. I need to audition the Ministra!

Do you find the Ekstra bright/lively in your room?

Tannoy Eaton Legacy

efficient, closer to walls and apparently great low volume performance.

Would love to demo these with my Nait-50.

7 Likes

Do it! Lovely speaker which I own myself.

1 Like

I’ve read that the Iota Xplorer and Alpha prefer to be about 20cm from the front wall. Does the same go for all Neat speakers or just the Iotas?

Ministra’s excellent Bobbyi

Being isobaric design they have remarkable bass for their size

I had a pair and changed to the Neat Petite 30 anniversaries- the only reason I did that was the petites have a wider sound stage

Toss of a coin really , both have their strong
I should mention though the Ministra’s need a bit of oomph in the amp department so the Petites ( try the classics ) would be easier to drive with the Nait 50

1 Like

Haha,I have the Neat Petite 30’s and I wanted even more bass so I was looking at the Ministras with my Naim Nait 2!

Did you hear the Ministras to have more bass and less top-end? Or similar bass response?

Ministra’s have more bass response than Petites

But I’m more a midrange /top end kind of guy so Petites are ok in the bass department for me

The Ministra’s are quite inefficient ( some reviewers even say ad low as 83db) so whether a Nait 2 would get the best out of them I don’t know

I have a nait 2 in another system and being the nut I am I purchased a pair of neat petite classics ( yes I know now 2 pairs of Petites although slightly different) so I use those along with a pair of nSats from time to time.

I’d be interested in your comments if you get around to having a go with nait 2 and Petites

Either way the Ministra’s and Petites are excellent small speakers for sure :+1:

I had raved about the Node X with my Nait 50 previously and enjoyed that combo for about a month. Unfortunately when I finally got around to connecting my CD Transport to the Node X, I found that the optical input was defective.

My dealer took the Node back and suggested the Gold Note DS-10 instead. It’s more expensive but the sound is so much better than what the Node produced.

I also love the fact that it adds to the shoebox theme unlike the Node.

25 Likes

What’s your cd transport make taylormade ?

Thanks

1 Like

I’ve owned the Petite 30’s for several months and I enjoy them more with my Nait 2 then my Supernait 3!
I find them a little on the lively/bright side sometimes when I listen(stream) to old jazz or old rock music.
But I enjoy them very much.Just wish they had a little more bass and a little less treble.
I’m thinking of changing my speaker stands from some old Kudos to some Custom Design FS-104.
Maybe that will balance the highs and lows and give me more of the sound I’m looking for.

1 Like

I use my Petite 30’s with Custom Design FS103 and have inert fuller in the main columns about 2/3rds full, the inert fuller certainly gives the bass end a bit more Oomph for sure

Bob the owner of Neat recommended the stands but the FS 104 might be a tad better

1 Like

It’s the Pro-Ject CD Box DS2 T.

5 Likes