The new NAIT 50 Limited Edition

I have expected this to happen although the Nait 50 has received great reviews all over. The Marten Duke 2 requires refined and good sounding amps to sound good. With the wrong amps (I wouldn’t say bad or unrefined), the Marten will sound poor.

1 Like

Agreed. I would add the Duke 2s are much more suited to Class A amps. They sound fab with my Sugden Sapphire amps and my Sugden a21SE :+1:t3:

I’m looking forward to hearing the Nait 50 with other speakers (Neats for starters)

1 Like

Yes - must agree but it is an absolutely stonkingly good little amp

:+1:

1 Like

Try Tchaikovsky’s 6th symphony part 1. After a good 10 mins there is a loud bang. It’ll empty your capacitors in one go. Turn up the volume listening to that symphony.

You never found a cute Unitiqute in the morning? One would expect that as a result of pairing a Nait with a Dac v1.

I think the Nait 50 as an amplifier is in a different league to the Unitiqute - if I’ve understood you correctly? I may be tempted by another DAC at some point - or even a Naim 50 Streamer - should they choose to build one?

Me too… Nac272 and cd5si and 500 cd, it is not incompatible!

1 Like

Yes,there is an Epic XL,at twice the cost of the EpicX. I wonder how it compares.

Bearing in mind that Epic X is two conductors in an outer sheath and Epic XL has the conductors separately wrapped in shield and then separate outer sheath, then twisted together.
Not for one minute suggesting that twice the price equals twice the performance.

1 Like

Probably not a common suggestion and probably not a match most people would think would work and probably no good if you want small stand mounts but the Neat Ekstra is a good match and works quite well with my Nait 2’s.

They have an iso-barick Bass set up underneath so can produce a good amount of Bass and the Ribbon tweeter is very nice.

At 88 db they are quite easy to drive, some of the much smaller book shelf and stand mount Neat speakers are not as sensitive or as easy to drive.

Size (hxwxd): 110 x 17 x 25cm

Drive Unit Dimensions: Sub-bass units: 2 x 134mm, Bass/mid unit: 134mm, Tweeter: 50mm True Ribbon

Weight: 18Kg each

Impedance: 8 Ohms (minimum 5 Ohms)

Sensitivity: 88dB/1 watt

System: 2.5-way iso-baric bass reflex, incorporating integral iso-baric subwoofer.

Drive units: 1x 134mm LF/Midrange unit; 1x Ribbon HF unit; 2x 134mm LF units.

6 Likes

It works well with my Audiovector QR1s (a relatively budget choice). I am on the lookout for a speaker upgrade though. The problem is it must have well-controlled bass for a smallish difficult room.

1 Like

Interesting. Surely at that price it’s in competition with some other Chord speaker cables? What’s the next one up in the range and its price?

Enjoying it with uniti 1 as source with rega 3 upgraded through QM10 Guru

2 Likes

Do I need a better steamer ? But need CD too :grin:

Really? The Neat Ekstra with a Nait 2?
I’ll look into that cause I love my Nait 2,and still trying to find a great match for it.

I believe the SignatureXL is next.

1 Like

For those interested or capable of building diy speakers, I can’t help but think Troels Gravesen has some designs that would be a great match for this little amplifier. Most are very generous in terms of sensitivity and are a very easy load. For example the “scan speak discovery 10” 90db sensitivity and 4-8 ohm impedance.

11 Likes

Well my earlier post was a bit tongue in cheek, but…

I listened to the Naim Nait 50 today at a dealer and it is very good. Faster and lighter than a Supernait 3 with a good musical flow and focus. I did detect a slightly bright treble for my tastes, but I did ask for a home demo.

Then I got home and my Marantz HD AMP 1 had arrived. I slotted it into my main system where the Supernait 3 was, driving some Proac Tablette 10’s (easy to drive), and -

Wow ! It was very good too. A less wide soundstage than the SN3, but again it has a lighter more musical sound. It was punchy and focused. A superb match for the Tablette’s, and its not even run in yet. Possibly slightly rolled off at the extremes and a splashy but not bright treble, but I’m being super critical here. I wasn’t expecting it to be this good.

The sound was similar to the NN50, and they share a similar size and power output. Marantz of course are famous for their ‘musical sound’ with a focus on the midrange and the musical flow.

I think Naim have ‘done a Marantz’ with the sound of the NN50 !

2 Likes

Indeed, Bob Surgeoner demoed the Ekstra with his own Nait2 at Cranage a couple of years ago, and it was one of the best sounds of the show - source was WT Versalex IIRC. I’ll see if I can find the pics…

Here we go, and a small write up of my impression in this thread too…

5 Likes

I read that the Neat Acoustics Ministra is the bookshelf version of the Ekstra.
I have a small room so I prefer bookshelves. I need to audition the Ministra!