The new NAIT 50 Limited Edition

That’s probably what I will do if I sell my Atom. Or just feed the Atom into the Nait. Yup. I put down a deposit.

If I were you (but I’m not), I would enjoy what you have at least until the new series 500 comes out. Can you demo a 500DR at home? Also the new 300 monoblocks

Of all the new products I think the new Nait has garnered more of my interest. What a great product, it makes me want to set up a third system even though I don’t have a need for it.

2 Likes

Our Nait 50 will be paired with a NAT02 and IBL!

18 Likes

The photo was actually posted to show how the Nait 50 matches visually with a modern streamer.

It’s nice photo, but hardly a fair representation, when everything in the photo is turned black and white, The same colour scheme of the Nait 50.

Nice chromes @Bob3
I see you use Harbeth P3ESRs. How are you getting on with them. I am trying them out with an Auralic Altair G1 and chromes NAC42/NAP110 and so far once finding a good setup together with the system nice and warmed up, find them pretty good I must say. Precise midrange and clarity. Not 100% sure with bass, but it’s important to have the setup right and a good distance to the listening position. Certainly not a boring speaker at all, quite captivating.
Rather than discuss on here maybe continue on the LS3/5A thread created by @MrUnderhill

1 Like

I was tempted but with a 500 series in the main living space, Nait 2 CB that my children use on a daily basis no room for the little feller

I’m only jesting, I’m entirely happy to stick…

I just sent my dealer a deposit. He’s in Munich, so hopefully the order gets in on time!

1973 units isn’t very many relative to the number of dealers. Maybe one or two per dealer?

Yes I know, take a chill pill :rofl:

I’ll be taking two chilled bottles shortly.

But until then.

What exactly was the point of your post. :crazy_face: :grinning:

1 Like

:scream_cat::scream_cat: :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Could any of the Naim people here who have heard the Nait 50 compare it to the Atom? I have an Atom, LP 12 and Focal 926 and I’m seriously considering switching. I mostly stream through Spotify.

1 Like

You are right. all 55 of them! :upside_down_face:
Just curious because the new NAP350 does not use them so I wonder why Naim decided to use the surface mount Yellow tants in the Nait50 but not in the new amp. :nerd_face:
Here’s the inside 350 with the familiar yellow tants.

For the comparison this is the original Nait naked.

and the new Nait 50. They certainly moved on with SMTs.

Also it has a better Alps volume pot. Same large Kemet cans?

5 Likes

Somehow they managed to make hifi cool for the younger generation in those days. It was something to aspire to like a first car.

I see my kids listening to music on crappy headphones or through a phone/tablet/laptop ‘speaker’. On the one hand I love that they are interested in music, probably the young today listen to it more than older generations given its portability, but on the other I’d love for them to hear it properly played back.

That’s why we use Spotify at home, it’s just so easy for everyone to select the hifi to listen to it in the lounge.

2 Likes

The DAC-V1 also has through hole tants (and a remote!) Not sure if it is relevant to sonics, the ceramics would be more microfonic if smd? The 350 PCB probably sees more temp gradients.

2 Likes

When I was young, that being so long ago I’m really trying to remember, I didn’t have the space for proper playback until I became a student and then I didn’t really have the money. However, a number did and what we got out of it was a social bond that lasts to this day. We don’t sit around until 3 am listening to an album but I’m off out for a full-on breakfast before too long with those same people after 40+ years and we have music as a common interest still.

My daughter is desperate for a record player and to be able to go out with friends and buy vinyl, bring it back and bond over music. Relatively, I think the cost of that is higher than it was but I’m seriously thinking about loaning my Rega/Nait and getting some small speakers so she can begin to hear the difference. The thing, too, is that music is a multi-tasking activity for her, she doesn’t have time to just listen. I’m hoping that she’ll learn to really let music in.

10 Likes

I’m a bit younger and made it to Uni’ just a couple years before streaming exploded. Me and a few mates did have proper systems. But more than the systems was the music collection. I may have had the Linn. Another may have had the Mark Levinson (don’t ask how we paid for it. Honestly, we were poor. I often ate on $2 a day in 1999), but it was the mate with a crusty ancient Denon amp and CD player perched with rear feet on wkndow frame and front feet on a radiator where we congregated. 5000 discs in his flat above a post office and we just spun discs to 3am.

4 Likes

Yes, I also chatted to David and whilst I do not need one I will be definitely being going for a dem at The Sound Org.

Richard

1 Like

Why don’t you get her a Rega System One for £999 - includes a P1 tt, Io amp and Kyte speakers?

4 Likes