The new NAIT 50 Limited Edition

Many thanks @anon17748768 :+1:

1 Like

Thanks YorkshirePud, I shall look at ordering a selection of those. The light intensity drops off as you come off the center axis, but in my case the 50 is at about eye level, directly in front of me, and about 2M distance.

1 Like

My dealer had none in the store. It was him who suggested I find something on Amazon, as otherwise it would be a special order from the distributor, and it they did not have anything, which was likely, then a special order from the UK. In the meantime, I would be sitting looking at the NAIT 50 (or using my headphones I suppose :blush:).

Iā€™m not trying to change the beliefs of those who think such items make a difference, but I am not in that crowd. All evidence suggests that there is no electrical difference, only cosmetic, between any of these interconnects. And my 12$ RCA to DIN sounds great :smile:!

Thanks for your reply.

Firstly, I donā€™t believe I have suggested their use. I have mentioned or at least tried to that I use these blocks.

Secondly, there are numerous products available on the market and without wanting to state the obvious its up to the individual/s to decide which is the ideal solution for them.

Lastly, some users use Blu Tack which some might consider as cheap to couple loudspeakers costing thousands to the top plate of speaker stands. I sometimes use Blu Tack and sometimes isolation boards @ Ā£461/each between loudspeakers and the top plate of speaker stands.

Anyway, and back to the mains block and fwiw, recently I had a pair of SCM100ASL Pro monitors and a Gotham g213 v2 all plugged into the same 4 way Wilkoā€™s mains extension block.

I havenā€™t said that. As per their recommendation the installation of a dedicated circuit should be considered.

As to mains blocks there are numerous products available on the market and without wanting to state the obvious its up to the individual/s to decide which is the ideal solution for them.

1 Like

I have usually found upgrading the cables is the easiest and cheapest way to go

There used to be a bespoke cable manufacturer , much liked on this forum who could produce quality cables direct at very reasonable prices.

Great service, quality cables fraction of the price. Sadly passed away (seemed a very decent bloke)

3 Likes

they donā€˜t ship to europe
how you managed to get these?

Where are you based ?

I wonder if any of the listening tests during development were done in a dark or dimly lit room? If not that seems like a shortcoming. The LED looks much too bright to me. The fact that many are seeking solutions to tame it says something.

3 Likes

I wonder if any of the listening tests during development were done in a dark or dimly lit room? If not that seems like a shortcoming.

Itsā€™ so obviously bright, the answers seem to be ā€˜noā€™ and ā€˜yesā€™ :thinking:

Otherwise, a very nice amp :smile:

1 Like

If the only thing people are complaining about is the brightness of the power LED then Naim must have got the rest of the NAIT 50 bang on :+1:

6 Likes

Pretty much so, a remote and RCA inputs may have been beneficial - however not a big deal for meā€¦the LED brightness is not difficult to tame with a diffuser (or poss a different value resistor, although I think it is surface mounted on the PCB boardā€¦).

Overall, a brilliant little amp - well done Naim :+1:

6 Likes

Taken with a proper camera and not a scruffy shot from an iPad .

I think my number one aim which is to get the best possible sound from the minimal number of boxes has been achieved .

Streaming comes from a UnitiQute 2 (I only use that for Radio 3 and sometimes Classic FM ) .

Whatā€™s changed ?

My Nova was traded in, and the Graham Slee phono stage, has been retired (Havenā€™t traded it in -itā€™s too good and life is never certain)

My CDX2.2 has also been retired (I had it adapted to digital output only - in another life I was a wombat)

• again not traded in.

The connection between the UnitiQute which was a Chord Cobra is now a Shawline X - and the sound quality is very, very good .

A Naim CD5si has replaced the CDX2.2 , I will update the 'umble Lavender interconnect to a Shawline X after Christmas

22 Likes

Simple as that. Lovely looking system. Hope it brings many years of enjoyment 8)

1 Like

I think the ultra bright light is there for a reason , if itā€™s not on, itā€™s to remind us to switch it out of stand by mode

Cunning thinkers these Naim fellows are

4 Likes

Agreed. Nothing wrong with the thinking of course, itā€™s more about the execution - the led when powered on is too bright (aka inspired by Oppenheimer? :thinking:).

Iā€™ve followed @anon17748768ā€™s lead and ordered some diffusers. Iā€™ll post up some pics at the weekend.

Hopefully they will save the back of my retinas from burnout :crossed_fingers:t3:

Mineā€™s in a darker bit of my lounge , I think itā€™s great.

I always left my Novaā€™s remote on top of the Nova so I donā€™t miss it

Well, itā€™s in.

Andā€¦

ā€¦Gotta say it doesnā€™t grab me, brand spankers fresh out of the box. A bit bright and splashy.

Good drive though. Clearly this is not a wimpy amp despite itā€™s diminutive specs.

Iā€™ll leave it on for a few days.

1 Like

Oooh, it likes piano though.

1 Like

ā€¦too speed up running in:

Best to have music playing if possible.
If not set the ā€˜Instant Onā€™ switch in the ā€˜upā€™ position. - stops it from sleeping

Also good to turn the volume control up and down from min to max to min (no music playing) to ā€˜wipeā€™ the volume resistive tracks. Do this 10x or so times.

It can help to un-plug and re-plug connections. This wipes any small surface oxidisation off connector pins. Do this when the Nait is in standby or unplugged.

ā€¦this works for all hi-fi (slightly different volume control in New Classic though, so do not need to do the volume min to max to min)

8 Likes