The new NAIT 50 Limited Edition

I’ve not had great success with partnering the N50 so far. It’s proved not to be a great match with my Marten Duke 2 speakers. This was as expected as the Marten’s pair much better with the Sugden amps on my main system.

I need to find a more suitable match speaker wise with the Nait for my second system. I’m leaning towards Neat (Petite Classic or iota Alpha) or possibly ATC SCM 11s.

TBC…

2 Likes

Hi @Murmur , whilst not comparing with others the Rega P6 and Kralk Audio BC1s sound excellent to me.
The Kralks are in two ‘cubes’ of an Expedit vinyl wall and whilst, due to size, not the most bass heavy speakers in the world (:rofl:) it is tight and fast so great with mist types of music. As the makers notes explain they were built for exactly that type of placement so save loads of floor space. Excellent for the small room and near field listening.
Once I get an adaptor (phono to din) I’ll take the N50 into the full system to try there, but no hurry.

1 Like

:+1: I’d think those Neats would be a great pairing, as always it’s the room & personal likings though!

1 Like

Interesting speaker and they look like Kans so I automatically like them :slight_smile:

Glad it’s all come together!

1 Like

I’m sure you’ll get there if you persevere.

What about the Dynaudio Special 40, or do they need a lot of space?

Well FWIW I’ve just had a goosebumps moment sat in front of my desk - music was Madonna from her American Life CD - track Mother and Father - and it sounded absolutely amazing. I’m playing from Dell computer using JRiver via DAC V1 - NAIT 50 and humble Wharfedale Diamond 12.0 and its fffffffing brilliant - who needs 222/300/250! I am not joking all of a sudden the sound has changed, its gone from good to beyond amazing!

6 Likes

It’s great isn’t it. I plan to try it with the LP12 & SBLs but don’t want to ‘upset’ the 52/135s :rofl:

I don’t have a lot of space unfortunately. I need a speaker suitable for near wall placement, hence Neats or ATC.

I demoed the Special 40s a while back (I think with SN2) and liked them so could give them another go…

1 Like

@SimonDC
Really pleased you got it up and running and I bet sounds great.
You know it’s better not to stack if possible but I’m sure the Nait driving speakers etc will certainly generate more heat than the Dac below.
Incidentally Naim recommend not sitting the Dac on top of other equipment.
So enjoy the tunes. :+1:t2:

@Blackstar , @Skeptikal

Well I’ve got to say I’ve never heard anything like that. It was sounding really good but then all of a sudden - BANG! I know my car is only a Jag XF diesel and I normally drive it in ECO mode (and average about 54mpg since I’ve had it - if anyone’s interested), but it was like I’d put it in Sport mode, and floored it! WOW! This is one special amp. Van Morrison is on now and I’ve got goosebumps down my arms - not really a big fan but it just sounds so alive. I’m never going to be able to get any work done now!

12 Likes

Nice detail. Thanks.

1 Like

I’ve had my N50 for a few weeks now.
Love it!
LP12 with MM cart, AN cdp, Node X - going to Neat Ministra.
Really enjoyable - punchy, powerful and way better than I hoped.
Will do some pix soon.
L

Ps - taking it to meet some Devore O/Baby soon. As a previous owner of O/96 it got me thinking ….

7 Likes

Well I’ve gone for a cheaper compact alternative to the NN50, a Marantz HD AMP 1, & saved myself about £2300 in the process.
The Marantz is class D, has an inbuilt DAC for desktop use, loads of digital inputs, 2 anolgue inputs, but no phono input. 35w into 8 ohms. Well reviewed.

2 Likes

Definitely preferred Chord Epic X to NACA5 on my XS3 and have continued to use it on my NAIT50 and think it sounds fine. Definitely better than Witch Hat Phantom anyway.

I think the total value of cables in my very modest system is over £5000 but I’m fairly certain that their effect in total is at least equal to an equivalent component upgrade for the same amount.

1 Like

The original Epic or EpicX ?
I have the Witch Hat Phantom and I like it more than the NAC A5 or Tellurium Q Black.

Simon the NAIT 50 is a pocket rocket with soul and you’re hearing the colour, conviction and energy of your music coming through :+1:

1 Like

Loving mine paired with the Eversolo DMP-A6 and my Neat Elite Classics, it’s just getting better and better. Listening to Coltrane’s Blue Train at the moment and it is sublime. Seriously, one of my best Hi-Fi purchases ever!

4 Likes

Interested to hear more about the Devore evaluation when done :blush:

Seems like naim will have to make a 2023 version and make another 2023 pcs of this box. I’m guessing it’s sold out soon or maybe already?

Yes sorry it is Epic X. It was bought a few years ago though. Isn’t there an Epic XL now as well?

Probably not the best phrase to use when talking about a new amp :grinning:

7 Likes