The new NAIT 50 Limited Edition

I made the switch to Qobuz recently. Much preferred over Tidal. And I agree, the Nait sounds amazing.

2 Likes

With you on all of your comments Scramble

Certainly makes one think about the gear higher up the ladder

What a gem the Nait 50 is - bring on more like it

3 Likes

And yes one more input would have been great

I just slipped mine into my home system in place of my Nait XS2 and stage line. Wow does it sound good. Using a rega p3, an original cd5 and an NDX as sources. All sounds great, but the phono is especially good.

At first I thought it didn’t match the bass of the XS2, but a few bass heavy songs put that to rest. It’s tight and focused. Wow! The phono…

7 Likes

Great set up!

1 Like

A passive pre-amp would give you the extra input .

Has anybody tried the Nait 50 with a Powerline power cord? I would be interested to hear your reaction.

1 Like

It comes with a Powerline Lite chord as standard.

(Actually, mine had no power cord originally, but Audio T remedied that very quickly.)

Yes , it’s very good. I had a Nova before and the Powerline was a straight switch on transition

hello,

Perhaps with the Nait 50 many people realize that their previous system was ultimately not suitable (too much unnecessary power) even on speakers with low efficiency. At low level I’m not sure that an SN3 or a 282/250DR does much better than a Nait50. It’s surely very different at higher levels in terms of bass control, overall coherence, etc… By wanting to have fun, sometimes we overestimate our needs and the best suited system

6 Likes

Do you think is the phono stage is better than Stageline ? mine is pretty lame either into 202/HC and 552. i always prefered built in stages (42.5, 72 and Nait 3)

1 Like

The phono stage is very good on the Nait 50

2 Likes

Totally agree. Most of my listening is at low levels and I would say the Nait50 beats my 282 250DR, plus sound is much more beyond the confines of the speakers and no channel imbalance, seriously considering selling the separates but do not want to regret it down the line

2 Likes

You won’t. :wink:

2 Likes

So, from reading this thread. Small speakers in a small room with a small amp to power them is best. Who da thunk it. :grinning:

6 Likes

IMG_8539

3 Likes

The Nait 50 is very good. But it’s not close to 282/250DR level.

The difference is even more obvious at lower volumes, based on my own comparisons.

I don’t dispute your experience, but…

It shouldn’t!

That can hardly be right objectively. (Although it’s a cracking little amp.)

I wonder if you’re going through the audio equivalent of a ‘honeymoon period’?