The new NAIT 50 Limited Edition

why?
it`s all about synergie

1 Like

I had a Nait 50 in my system for five days, fed by ND5XS2 - nDAC/555DR into SL2s.

It is a lovely, engaging, fun, fast amp that makes a simple connection to the music.

(The NAC 52/NAP 135s are in another league).

2 Likes

With LP12 ARO and NAT 01 driven by the little NAIT 50

Itā€™s sounding rather decent I must say :+1:

18 Likes

I think itā€™s definitely superior to the stageline. The phone is a sheer delight.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll run in next with CD555 P3 into S600

An evening together.

17 Likes

Got the Lingo 2 back from service so now moved the '02 deck (Cirkus/Lingo 2/Ekos 2/Adikt) to the office with the Nait 50 and Keilidhs. This definitely offers a better balance than the '89 deck (pre-Cikrus/Valhalla/Ittok) where the old deckā€™s coloration was exposed and it also sounded a bit sluggish. So I reckon a Cirkus/Lingo deck is probably the minimum entry point for pairing with an N50. Donā€™t feel I need a P6 now, or more modern LP12 than this.

I had a listening test the Nait 50 vs Nait 1 at my local Linn LP12 dealer today. Both Nait belong to me. Iā€™ve posted the video clips in YouTube. Please search them if youā€™re interested. Thanks,

16 Likes

Nait 50 in our second system. Had to upgrade the streamer to a ND5X S2 but the other bits are still sounding good - Rega Planar 2 (1978), Marantz CD63 mk2 KI (1996) and Epos ES 12 (1996). I donā€™t think the speakers have sounded better even when they were driven by the 282/200 combination. Missed out on the Nait the first time round as we took took delivery of an A&R A60 weeks before the Nait was announced. Another big thank you to the guys at Naim who put the hours in to make this.

25 Likes

Nice to see the old Rega deck - not see one of those before.

3 Likes

It was my first piece of serious kit. There was a 6 month waiting list. Still love it.

2 Likes

Did you compare your Nait50 with your 282/scdr/250DR on your Linn Kann or B&W ? :slight_smile:

Nice vids

1 Like

No, not yet. I will do on the B&W to compare with the 282/scdr/250dr soon once I get the Nait 50 back. Itā€™s in my plan. Thanks for asking.

2 Likes

What cartridge are you using, and is the Nait 50 coping?

1 Like

It is a very simple AT-VM95E. The vinyl job for this system was to test 2nd hand LPs to check that they made the cut for the LP12. Now that we have the NAIT 50 we have been using vinyl more. The system sounds great - it really is a fantastic phono stage - and Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll be looking at upgrading the stylus soon.

5 Likes

Those little AT carts punch well above their weight. :+1:t2:

2 Likes

I think thatā€™s the most musical of the VM95s for some reason. Iā€™ve owned multiples of them all.

The ML is mega in terms of IGD and if you need cleaner sound then just go straight to that as itā€™s still enjoyable.

3 Likes

If you like Audio Technica carts, keep an eye out for the 760SLC, which is due here soon. Peter Swain (Cymbiosis) is getting one for me to use with the MM input of my newly acquired Nait 50.

4 Likes

The cart has been around since 2017.
But itā€™s the new body modifications that will be released.
Three point mount for Linn or ARO. :+1:t2:

I really canā€™t be bothered to get into a debate, but an existing cartridge which is then modified and released in a new body is a new cartridge - to my way of thinking, at least.