The new NAIT 50 Limited Edition

Statement cake when?

1 Like

Iā€™ve always wonderedā€¦thanks.

Part Time Audiophile Review

https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2023/10/06/naim-nait-50-integrated-amplifier-review/#:~:text=Sound-wise%2C%20the%20Naim%20NAIT,mainstream%20audiophiles%20might%20not%20appreciate.

5 Likes

I got a new old stock nap100 for my atom he. Its quite nice. Mych cheaper than the nait 50

3 Likes

Comparing the sound of the Nait 50 to the Nait 2 after 25 years is near impossible I would think. And he remembers:

ā€œMy NAIT 2 had three RCA inputs, with one of them for the inboard MM phono stage.ā€

Very reliable memory.

He liked it though.

anyone compare Nait 5si to Nait 50 th anniversary

Sorry, I havenā€™t properly listened to a NAIT 50 yet.

Me neither,no time,but soon,right Richard? lol

1 Like

Interesting review from Steve Guttenberg over on his ā€œAudiophiliacā€ YouTube channelā€¦

9 Likes

Congrats @Kaczadupa :+1:, very originally nickname by the way :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Does everyone else get a thump through the speakers when switching power on and off ? I just want to check this is normal here - none of my other amps have done this.

1 Like

A thump is normal Thumper23!

2 Likes

Normal I presume/hope! Not as loud as the 135ā€™s SBLā€™s though :rofl:

Interesting that a certain chain of dealers have two offers associated with the new Nait 50, the new PMC speakers Bluesound Node and PMC Prodigy

Perhaps an idea of products that go well or maybe just marketing ā€¦

Same place 2 available open box / ex dem Ā£400 saving on rrp.

Hi. I have already tested the Audio Physic Classic 3 and PMC Prodigy 1 speakers in combination with the Nait 50. I sent both pairs back and stayed with my ATC scm7. AP C3 * impressed me too much with small room models and in general, compared to the ATC scm 7, they lacked quality and sophistication. AP C3 paired better with Cyrus 8.2 DAC + PSX r2. The Nait 50 was very averageā€¦ But the Nait 50 sounded interesting with the PMC Prodigy 1, the sound was very, very fast, joyful, a lot of detail, good resolution, but the Nait 50 showed very clearly where small PMCs falterā€¦ Unfortunately You can clearly hear the weakening of the upper bass and lower midrange as well as the very strongly enhanced top octave. The transition from PMC Prodigy 1 to ATC scm7 further highlights the shortcomings of PMC Prodigy 1. PMC lacks coherence, fluidity and organicity. Next time Iā€™m renting a Chartwell LS3/5a for testing. This might work.

3 Likes
  • (AP C 3) Excited low bass too much (room mod)

Here in Toronto there is an audio show this weekend.

Iā€™m hoping there will be some AudioVectors R1ā€™s on display. May be a great match for the Nait 50.

audiofest.ca

1 Like

I have (new) Falcon Acoustics ā€˜Gold Badgeā€™ LS3/5As, to go with my NAIT50, but there not yet hooked up, so I canā€™t comment further at this stage. A good match on paper, I hope.

1 Like

I have P3ESR which are a designed along similar lines but with different sensitivity etc, the Nait 50 will deliver a superb sound but wonā€™t go that deep.

I find it wonderful with Cohen, Cassidy, Baez etc, as well as Chamber music etc. Your NAT 02 will go well with it

1 Like