The new NAIT 50 Limited Edition

Totally concur, I was going to post this, but you beat me to it. On the NAIT 50 I am borrowing I have noticed no foibles with the stereo balance between 200 degrees and 330 degrees on the volume knob. … and that is with headphones and speakers.

3 Likes

HiFi Choice have a review of the NN50 next month

Let’s see what their ‘experts’ have to say - if you can decipher their vague flowery language that is.

2 Likes

Having recently attended the sold out Depeche Mode concert in Boston, I pulled out my The Singles 1981—->1985 lp for a listen. No, the Nait 50 didn’t play anywhere near the insanely prodigious bass and drums that we heard last Tuesday. However, was quite an enjoyable listen…snappy, propulsive, and preserves how this 80s synth pop should sound. :grinning:

9 Likes

Hi Simon,

Can I say that I preferred your posts when lauding the Chord Hugo. A Dave simply makes me engage self control and grit my teeth …nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Are you sure you haven’t made an expensive mistake? :wink:

M

1 Like

In what way? I have had the DAVE for some while now and has been a key part of my various systems…. rather like it… otherwise I would have moved it on a while back…
Still have my Chord Hugo mk1, though I need to replace its battery again at the moment. That little Hugo mk1 is very good and insightful, but no it can’t render like the DAVE, but that doesn’t detract from it, albeit it’s a little soft in the extremes… and doesn’t dig deep and tightly like the DAVE, is more laid back and less totally revealing, and the stereo field is slightly less clear by comparison. Side by side they are quite different in performance. If my amplification was forward sounding, it wouldn’t work with DAVE in my opinion, and the Hugo Mk1 would likely be a better match.

1 Like

Simon,

It was meant as light hearted banter, as one who keeps resisting the temptation of going down the path you have trodden.

M

Agh I see… I’d be wary of following my path… :grinning:

1 Like

I’d do it M as the Dave is rather special also there’s a few floating around at a good price, it appears used HiFi (any brand) especially the good stuff is going for silly money at the moment!

Forum aside, AFAIK most of marketing and social media is now done at group level from France.

That must be very disappointing for the team after all their efforts this year. They should be shouting from the roof-tops!

I know, THAT is what I’m resisting! :wink:

2 Likes

led light issue fixed

8 Likes

How @ducmoto1975 ?

I’ve used those slip on covers as covered many posts ago. Fit excellently, brought the brightness down well & you can’t see edges or anything else that gives the game away that it’s been added!

So what have you done?

details of the LED fix please. what was used and where can it be sourced? thanks!

We will have to revisit that frustrating discussion of speakers for the second system at some stage. I haven’t forgotten, just that I have been busy in one way and another this year. Our new room is nearly finished, with the tiling being done this Friday. I will post some pics when that is finished.
For me the Harbeth P3 although a nice speaker, would only work as it’s intended as a near field monitor, which leaves me with a need to find speakers that will work with the 42/110 in a relatively large room that need to be close to a boundary.
My wife would not like SBLs in the living room

1 Like

A couple of N50 bargains at a Kent hifi sounding Black Friday event…

I have just been listening to the Triangle Comete, with the premium finish; look very nice.

Just waiting for the bespoke stands.

I will send you a link in due course.

1 Like

But they are French :flushed:

3 Likes

:rofl: