The new NAIT 50 Limited Edition

That would mean that the Nait 50 was the last ever Nait, which I find hard to believe given their longstanding popularity. Of course Naim want you to buy one of their streamers too, but if you want a front end that doesn’t include one you have to go straight up to 300 series or above.
Naim did say that they were going to simplify their range, but that does seem a bit extreme, so my guess is that we’ll see at least a revamped Nait or two, probably with built in phono stage.
Then again, who calls the shots at Naim these days? We can only guess what their intentions are.

1 Like

A very good point

I doubt Naim would give up the “Nait” brand.
There are many customers which avoid buying streamer, Dac’s and amps - all in one box.

1 Like

Indeed and they have devoloped a lot of goodness in their new limited edition NAIT - I am sure it was not accidental and would be surprised if it was a one off… perhaps a similar NAIT but in new style half width casing might be on the cards as a regular NAIT

2 Likes

I can imagine a Nait in an Atom style case with remote control and a decent headphone amp and phono stage would be popular. Maybe even a matching streamer too.

IMO, there will always be demand for a basic and affordable integrated amp but the competition is fierce so Naim should set the bar high for the Nait 5si replacement. See if they can compete with a Moon 250i V2 for example.

Simaudio’s Moon North Collection was at Toronto’s AudioFest. Impressive.

1 Like

Why not in the NVC TT case? A knob on the left and four input buttons on the right and it’s job done.

4 Likes

Yes, why not… it will look quite something.

1 Like

Hardly affordable looking at Nait 50 and XS/SN price level.
Their new Nait might be €3K+
Their new SuperNait double that.

Want a basic affordable amp, Rega Brio/IO would be my choice.
But I don’t need more amps, my Nait 50 still in sealed box :blush:

Outrageous… it deserves to be listened to…

8 Likes

He probably collects star wars figures :grin:

2 Likes

Liberate it! It deserves to see the light, grow and live up to its destiny: reproduce music!

Don’t you have Ovators? I wonder how that works.

“I don’t need more amps, my Nait 50 still in sealed box”

@PerF

Honest question, not a dig. Did you buy it purely as a collectible, then, and are keeping it sealed to add value to a future sale?

2 Likes

Yes I have S400, looking forward very much to try the combination.

I don’t believe its gonna add much more value in the next 3-5 years, as the retail price was already on top, maybe on longer term, who knows.

Actually its destined as my retirement amp upstairs.

1 Like

I think someone posted that there was a Nait 50 review - can someone remind me where it was?

Hi-Fi Choice Jan 2024 Edition

There is also a review in parttimeaudiophile. It’s published on October 6, 2023.

1 Like

Thanks - still only the Dec edition in my local Smiths.

They sort of liked it , it got recommended . Their basic view was that it was very good but a bit limited

Yeah I get that… it’s extremely good, but for its particular use case of high quality absorbing replay in a relatively small environment with smallish speakers or headphones… but that is what a NAIT is all about to me… I am enjoying mine as much as I enjoyed my 252DR and 552DR

2 Likes