The new NAIT 50 Limited Edition

Yes they are mint, never recapped but wonderfull sounding

The cdi is a cdm9 pro version

2 Likes

Donā€™t get my OCD started with stacking those boxes, marks on top of cabinets are hard, if impossible to remove 100%

3 Likes

Have you been tempted to compare these three at all?

Those three little boxes are each great in their own way but for me, that one on top is in the all- time-top-five-greatest-looking-pieces-of-hifi category.

3 Likes

I donā€™t think that is a permanent arrangement , your OCD is safe

Hi all, first time poster and owner of a new Nait 50. I just got everything set up, following instructions in the manual. I connected my Pro-Ject turntable directly to the phono input and Musical Fidelity DAC to the stream input using an RCA to DIN interconnect. I am getting a hum through the speakers from the phono input that is loud enough to make listening to music unenjoyable. However, when I disconnect the DAC interconnect the hum on the phono input goes away (there is still some noise but I attribute that to standard phono input noise and recognizing that my turntable is not of the best quality). The hum is there only through the phono input when both sources are connected, regardless if the DAC is powered on or not. Iā€™ve tried connected the DAC to the Aux input but still the same results. Because the hum gets worse when I touch the tonearm I am assuming itā€™s an earthing issue? Iā€™ve read some other threads regarding hum and earthing but since I donā€™t have a Naim source I donā€™t know how to alleviate the problem.

Yes you have a ground loop. You need to lift the ground on one of your sourcesā€¦ if you canā€™t do on your DAC or on your turntable, I suggest a ground loop breaker on your DAC, or disconnect the ground on your phono to DIN lead

1 Like

Just curious, do you think connecting all devices to an extension block would also fix this type of issue?

No I donā€™t think so, itā€™s not really related.
Earthed mains device must remain earthed for safety.

A Nice review

1 Like

ā€œI do recommend that you tune out those who tell you that you need $30,000 amplifiers and $5,000 phono cartridges to ā€œexperienceā€ music the way that the artist intended.

Anyone with a grain of integrity knows that pushing that nonsense without pause reeks of bullshit.ā€

Very good, totally concur.

7 Likes

I am really hoping Naim starts looking into modular designs so we can upgrade over time.

Our living room used to accommodate CDX2>202>NAPSC+HC>200 with US+NDAC. Moved that system elsewhere several years ago for Nova and frankly a much nicer room. Iā€™ve never once thought I need something better to go back in there, although I am now wondering where to deploy the Nait 50 I donā€™t need!

Nait 50 is back in the main living space with SL2s connected, I have to say its a hell of a lot neater than two fraim racksā€¦

Anyway heres a couple of pics with DAVE, MScaler and ND5XS2.

Sounds wonderful too, oh the Nait 50 now has a Powerline :slightly_smiling_face:

15 Likes

What changes have you heard with adding the powerline? Tempted to try one with my Nait 50

1 Like

Things are just warming up after moving the N50 from the second setup I will report back later but its been a while since the N50 was in the main space then it had the Powerline Lite connected, this is the first time the Powerline has been attached to the N50.

Nait 2 has returned to the second setup.

I have been enjoying mine all morning into these borrowed (soon to be bought) Russell K 50sā€¦ the weather outside tells me itā€™s defo a music listening at home dayā€¦

1 Like

Drove from Colchester to Trinity park, Ipswich for Suffolk farmers marketā€¦ā€¦.definitely a day to stay in and listen to musicšŸ˜¬

2 Likes

Could be all you need but it needs to be in the centre.

My left speaker cable wont reach its about 10cm short