The new NAIT 50 Limited Edition

Yes, I use a Rega Dac-R

1 Like

Nice, should match really well.

1 Like

TEAC seem to be on a roll with CD design at the moment

2 Likes

Perhaps because they gauged the market right… I was reading last week that demand for CDPs is on the up, with a new generation of music lovers who no doubt enjoy Spotify but want to own physicals for music they enjoy that also sounds better.

What goes around comes around… :grinning:

6 Likes

Probably something to do with being able to buy CDs for about a pound a pop from charity shops, Music Magpie and the like. And without the QC issues associated with most sh vinyl purchases these days at money which is frankly bananas!

4 Likes

Our charity shop is 50p a cd, or 3 for a £1, we try to make sure we have cash to give extra for their charity box.

2 Likes

Kudos to the Oxfam I frequent, I asked if they could invest in some easier to remove price stickers last time I was in. Yesterday I saw they’d done just that!

1 Like

There is a review of the Nait 50 on the What Hi-fi website. They don’t give star ratings for limited edition products but found it to be “a hugely entertaining and musical amp” although they do note the importance of matching the Nait 50 to speakers with care in order to get complimentary sonic characters.

The review includes a photo of the What Hi-fi review of the original Nait from 1984. Unfortunately the photo does not have sufficient resolution for the review to be read.

2 Likes

Yeah, but they rarely have any titles worth buying… but used CDs for interesting and modern titles can be found online unless your charity shop has a good source. I find Amazon a good source for good used CDs… as well as new titles.
I also note some CDs that are out of print are starting to go for silly money… one of mine is fetching around £300 when I last looked…:grinning:… admittedly I bought it secondhand several years back for around £70.

Interesting… the Nait50 will drive many speakers well, however to hear the subtleties of the Nait50 you need to have a speaker than can render those, especially in the mids and higher end… and that is where the matching is important, or you might as well use a lesser amp.

1 Like

Ooh, what was that?

1 Like

It was the original immediately pulled and deleted version of Sandy Denny BBC Sessions… only a relative small number (3500) got out into the wild on the day of launch before it was pulled.

The album was later incorporated into a subsequent release… the recording of the Northstar Grassman and the Ravens is particularly impressive… it’s one of those artist audience recordings where you can feel the atmosphere… kind of like the Johnny Cash Folsom Prison recordings.

2 Likes

That would be the Strange Fruit release.
3500 copies got out before it was withdrawn. You can pick it up for £30 -£60 on discogs.
I’ve another one ‘Sandy At The BBC from Nightlife, hard to get hold of now, but it’s deemed as a bootleg.
Both great CD’s

You can, but not in pristine condition… :wink:

Mine is safely stored away, having first been ripped of course….

Think I’ve played mine twice! It’s not a ‘safe queen’ though, there to be played if needed :rofl::rofl:
Seriously there’s two ‘M & M’ for sale at about £45, there’s no chance of ours selling for over £100 never mind £300! Not that I’m bothered in the least. What people think their collection is worth and what they’d realistically get are two different things, there’s plenty of threads about this.
Some sellers on discogs just put stupid prices to see if anyone’s daft enough to pay it :rofl:

Nice to have it as part of our Denny collection though :+1:

Just about heading to a dealer who hopefully still has one to pick one up.

1 Like

Thanks so much for the clarification, that helps!

A Kent sounding but nationwide firm is offering some free NACa5 with theirs🙂

1 Like

As are others (are we not allowed to name dealers?)

No idea. I tend to err on side of caution these days…Another is selling with a reasonable discount.