The new NAIT 50 Limited Edition

That’s awesome. What memories!

Can’t fault the logic of the argument. However the ulterior motive here is for me to upgrade my TT to an LP12, and if I loaned my Rega, I’d have to do that, also for the Nait to be appreciated not stored - so the speakers might be the missing part. Your plan makes economic sense. I won’t be putting it forward to the capex committee!

1 Like

As you mention in other words…the standard formula is usually: low powered amp with easy to drive (ie large) speakers and high powered amp with hard to drive (ie small) speakers.
Therefore unless the Nait 50 is an extraordinarily capable 25w it would probably be best paired with large, easy to drive speakers or maybe with small inefficient speakers in a very small room or in a near field setting.

Correct. But what’s the problem there?

2 Likes

There is no problem. I’m just mentioning it because a few members were considering it for small, inefficient speaker pairing. Aesthetically speaking I too could easily picture it in my office with a pair of white Proac Tablettes. Unfortunately that setup is out of my price range for a secondary system.

1 Like

Just like in the days of the Nait 1 - isn’t it?

I’d imagine many looking to get a Nait 50 will be doing so for second systems, therefore quite likely in smaller rooms / near field listening. That would likely mean as long as the speaker’s impedance is not too low (min 6 ohm, preferably 8 ohm) efficiency won’t be too much of an issue. I intend to use Rogers Compact Monitors which are 8 ohms, 88db/m which I think will be fine in my dining room (where I have a comfy armchair!) and maybe even in the lounge which is 5.2 by 3.8 metres.

2 Likes

So. Did we decide if NAC A5 only then? Is using any other option (TellyQ black in my case) going to blow the new NAIT into bits?

The fact that the manual is that specific for the Nait 50 in using NAC A5 like it was for the original Naits tells me it’s time to order some NAC A5.

I hope not! I have TQ Black as well and really don’t want to have to play around with the non-bending NACA5.

1 Like

I do hate the non-bending nature of NAC A5 as well! Haven’t missed using that cable in years!

3 Likes

I would hope that it would sound a lot better than the io , though for the price they look fairly similar on spec.

One point straight away is that this is a limited edition and that means paying more for design and tooling .

I would hope that much better quality components would be used on the Nait and that it would be more carefully partnered with higher end speakers .

I’ve got P3ESR and somehow I don’t think they would be an ideal match with the Nait50 .

Due to the lowish sensitivity @Ian2001 ?

1 Like

I run a Uniti Atom with Analysis Plus Oval 9s into P3 ESRs and am happy with the set up, though I do need to crank the level up to the 60s on occasion. So maybe that’s the sensitivity of the speaker, eh?

1 Like

Yes, they are 83 db and 6 ohms , I get seriously lost where these speakers are concerned.

Harbeth claim they are easy to drive , I have a UnitiQute and a Nova. The Nova produces superb results (now I have added a Naim power chord and Witch Hat Phantoms) and 99% of the time it’s a satisfying combo . I haven’t attached the UnitiQute to them

It’s very rare that the music gets too loud , but I would change my speakers to perhaps (something like) Amphion if I were to think about the Nait 50.

1 Like

And the Stereophile measurements confirm this. Sensitivity doesn’t really tell you whether they’re easy to drive or not, it’s an indication at best.

1 Like

Just use some wet string, you’ll be fine…

1 Like

I like it :+1: this should help ensure that the NAIT 50 is a pocket rocket :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I used my NAIT 1 with KEF Reference Model 3.2’s and boy did this pairing sound good :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

In Sweden it costs 2740 GBP…