The new NAIT 50 Limited Edition

Looks like the NAIT 50 has a healthy current capability. I wouldn’t be surprised if the NAIT 50 is better at gripping and driving loudspeakers than some higher powered alternatives.

Better to have current rich power then current starved wattage.

2 Likes

So far we have 5 NAIT 50’s on order and one of these beauties is going to be mine :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Thank you @Kolner

PS The Nait 50 phono stage is a new and exclusive design, with one exception; an error, but an error I quite like (probably deliberate).

All the transistors bits are new. I copied the 0.15dB 40Hz bump in the RIAA frequency response from the Nait 1 to give it the same character. Technically this is an error but an error that was deliberate and suits the small Nait.

8 Likes

what is the button “mains” for

1 Like

It’s the power switch.

1 Like

Ouch!
thanks

Congratulations, that was fast., 73VA is the last easter egg.

When we measure the mains input power we always round up for margin. The Nait would normally have been rounded up to 75VA. In this case ‘73’ was too temping not to use. All confirmed and certified by a 3rd party official test house.

5 Likes

The Nait 50 does not have regulation for the power amp section.

• Have we an error in our marketing material?

DR regs would not fit inside (doubles the size of the power amp section)
It still kicks out a heathy 225W peaks into 1ohm

1 Like

It’ll do transients of +/-15 amps, or 225W into 1 ohm

3 Likes

Oh well. Anyway it’s on the NAIT 50 page.

Nice :+1:

No DR regs in the Nait 50…it just would not fit. DRs double the size of the power amp section.
Not sure where the error has come from. Sorry for the confusion

2 Likes

Yes, a photoshop :slight_smile:
Marketing have done a few like this, they’ll pop out over the weeks

1 Like

Well this was the general idea from JV years ago when these little NAITs were introduced among a plethora of high powered solid state. Better to have a high current, alive sounding low watt amp than a dead sounding high watt amp.

2 Likes

Hi Robert @robert_h

Yes, new connector blocks, same pins.
These were updated for new classic and included for the Nait 50.
Same spacing :slight_smile:

It can take pretty much any speaker cable of any length.
It does sound good on NACA5 and 2M is a good starting point.

2 Likes

I read so much love and hate comments about this little integrated amp in the internet - looks like the launch will be a success for NAIM AUDIO.
yes the price is posh - but why spending 3000EUR for an boutique tube amp?
to me it`s a great brand initiative and I hope the NAIT50 will bring a lot of love into the listening rooms.

4 Likes

Oh my…so it is.
It won’t be for long!

Sorry about that everyone and thanks @Musicraft for letting me know

The amp in the Nait 50:

• It’s a quasi-complementary just like a NAP200, 250, 300, 350, 500 etc.
  • It uses power transistors found in 100W amplifiers, one of the reasons it can peak at 225W
3 Likes

Yes, it is double the original price, but this is a celebration and we went to town.

Nait 50 is pack with the audiophile goodness you’d expect to find in a large Naim integrated.
The power had to be capped because of the case size, but the current drive is there.
Naim’s new headphone amp (as per 222, 332 etc)
ALPs blue velvet volume control
Custom made filter capacitors
Fly by wire input selection - selects via reed relays
Soft-start
0.5W standby with music sensing for auto off

External parts were also upgraded compared to the original.
Machined from solid volume knob (damps vibrations to the volume control for better sound)
Brushed anodised front and rear.

12 Likes

Steve thanks for the reply; I don’t know who’s in marketing these days since Ange etc left, the wording in the manual linked online reads pretty strictly use naca5. But maybe they’re just playing it safe. I’ll see if I can wangle some naca5 offcuts.

1 Like

Love the detailed description. It’s obviously been a labour of love. Can’t wait to listen!

2 Likes