The new NAIT 50 Limited Edition

Ours NAIT 50’s are due to land on 26/06 :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thank you, that’s very kind! I hope to have my ‘new’ (to me) old CB NAT- 01 well before then.

I wonder why you believe that Naim will manufacture more units than have been announced.

Are you accusing Naim of acting in bad faith?

Totally understand your scepticism but I’m a bit more hopeful based on the Naim employee that posted here a few weeks ago and some of his comments. Obviously not expecting it to be as engaging as a Nait 1 or 2.

….Steve Sells, the designer (Statement was his “baby” etc). I think he knows what he’s doing.

5 Likes

Would you expect them to tell otherwise ?
Nah…

Anyway I’ll await forthcoming users comment, hopefully somebody which own the original Nait as well.

1 Like

That’s good as long as Witches Hat aren’t doing the deliveries. :grin:

3 Likes

Comments like these, if posted on the Harbeth forum they will be deleted instantly and the member banned for one week or until further notice. In this respect it is useful that Naim allows free speech on their user forum.

This is not exactly a criticism of your post. Similarly I am surprised if the original Nait 1, 2 or 3 sounds better than the current Nait 5SI (or higher level Naim) as that would be going backwards. If it’s true that “superior” parts which contribute to the superior performance of the older Naits are no longer available and for this reason the current Naits don’t sound as good as the older Naits, that would be equally surprising as well since things are continually evolving with time as parts and components are improved with better performance.

Can someone educate me on this matter. Pardon the thread diversion and I believe (and hope) the Nait 50 LE would sound great. However, the mystery of the older Naits sounding better than the current Naits if true, remains unanswered.

4 Likes

Well I don’t think the Nait 1 or Nait 2 were anywhere like the entry level products that came after, like the Nait 3 and Nait 5. [clarification: what I mean is, they were higher end offerings to begin with - if not at relative SN3 positioning]

Then there is quality versus enjoyment. Plus rose tinted glasses.

Never forget though, that sometimes a maker captures lighting in a bottle that is hard to reproduce. Chord had their Hugo MK1, Arcam had their A60, Nad their 3020, and Naim their Nait 1 and 2. All have been surpassed by better and recent offerings, but perhaps none of the things that followed were quite as many leagues ahead of other things in the same price bracket and a bit over as those “special” items.

6 Likes

Free speech? :thinking:

1 Like

Obviously we know the feedback once released.
For those who have one it’ll be brilliant & for those that haven’t, well it’ll be ok but nothing special and they’ll be pleased they haven’t wasted their money!
:rofl:

4 Likes

Have you never noticed that Harbeth speakers are very popular as stands for people giving a speech since they look so similar to wooden crates?

1 Like

But beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

1 Like

hmm…
imho the sense of beauty follows simple rules.

I would still refer folks to Naim’s comment that it will perform as would be expected at its price point. If it did not do so, they’ll be embarrassed I’m sure!

5 Likes

It’s always hard to convey what you think in words without writing huge posts with loads of clarifications. I’ve never heard a Naim amp (post Nait 1) that offers superior timing/sync between musicians, so if you are sensitive to this, then you’ll not find a more musically coherent amp. However, it’s not the last word in musicality. For example, the Nait is not that so easy to follow an individual melody compared to Linn and Lejonklou gear so they also make music easier to comprehend, but in a different way. It’s all very personal and subjective at the end of the day. Many folks are probably not particularly sensitive to either of these factors so it’s irrelevant to them.

I’ve probably just left you more confused than before! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I appreciate your post and think I get what you mean. If I interpret it correctly, the Nait 1 has impeccable timing but may not reproduce the finer nuance in the music as well as other amps. Yes I agree it’s all subjective as to what is better.

1 Like

I have a CB Nait 2 serviced and sounding as good as it ever has. It doesn’t perform as well as my xs2 and possibly is only just on a par with the Nait 5i. On the other hand it is a design classic and will stay in my collection and be used.

2 Likes

imho the older amps are more british
easy to listen to
beautyful midraange

the newer ones are more dynamic
faster
balanced at low volumes - NAIT 1& 2 they struggle with high efficient speakers at very low volumes.
I woulds say new ones are technically better any sense

The NAIT 50 will be technically fur sure better that the older ones. Volume control much advanced in comparison.
I think it will improve the limitations of the older ones without loosing charm and elegance.

soon we wil know if all this “wishes” are coming true.

4 Likes

They’re not the prettiest speakers ever made, that’s for sure.