The new NAIT 50 Limited Edition

Absolutely and I wasn’t suggesting a Naim dealers thoughts are to be ignored.

1 Like

Mine too (well, twenties actually). I must have ‘smoked too much’ to appreciate that stuff…

So when are you getting it?

So far I think it sounds very nice
I’ve only had it playing for a very short time
It seems to play louder than the reported power rating.

6 Likes

I guess as soon as I have time to pick it up!
Unfortunately, I’m super busy which means I can’t do it before Tuesday next week but I will keep you posted

1 Like

Just need to find an Onyx to add to the stack !

Think I have one lol I’ll check the archives

Interesting
what speakers do you use ?

The pictured Heed amp to compare ?
I’ve had the old Obelisk, nice amp but laid back vs a Nait 2.

Just be aware that as a Trade Member here, Steve can discuss the new NAIT 50 and even compare against the original NAIT but can’t really comment about other brands.

1 Like

Listing Prince in the same list of anything as Bucks Fizz is a direct contravention of this esteemed forum’s rules, punishable by listing to Making Your Mind Up on repeat. @Richard.Dane may I request you to levy the appropriate punishment.

3 Likes

So glad you like the vintage box!..it was fun to design :slight_smile:

Here’s another photo for everyone.
You can see the prototype box too!

Best
Steve

26 Likes

Got to love anybody with an R2R on their desk. Steve, what’s the deck?

4 Likes

New superlumina cables in the making? :blush:

Running in

Like any new amplifier Nait 50 improves considerably after running in. Out of the box it will sound detailed and punchy, over the next days more warmth and engagement come, then more PRaT over the weeks.

While running in:

• Make sure it is not in standby! - set the ‘auto on’ feature to ‘on’ (i.e. it does not sleep) - this is important
  • Use the volume control (min to max to min occasionally)
    Engage and disengage plugs and sockets (signal, mains and speakers) to remove oxidations on contacts.

For AB listening comparisons ensure the gain is set equal. This is best using a test tone and AC multi-meter (there are test tones on streaming services, - uses -10 or -20dB tracks at say 500Hz. 0.5dB differences will throw results.

Have fun and enjoy!

8 Likes

Cute little box - we (pharmaceuticals) call this sample of outer packaging “mock up” :slight_smile:

1 Like

Its like running in my BMW :slight_smile: So much looking forward to the little one :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ssssh, that’s a sneak preview of the next product announcement. :grinning:

5 Likes

It’s an old Revox A77 with variable speed for recording effects

3 Likes

…, no new SL cables, just me sending SL images to the Marketing dept for instruction manuals :slight_smile:

(there is nothing in the photo showing unreleased products)

1 Like

Yes there are sharks in the water Lolol
Richard I’ve been in Naim jail so many times I know the rules lol

2 Likes