The new NAIT 50 Limited Edition

How about the Naim CD5si? It is the current player from Naim.

3 Likes

Yes, thank you for that suggestion. Someone else had also suggested the CD5si (which sounds to me like the designation for a BMW car!), and I will be speaking to my new dealers Audio T in Brighton, who delivered my Nait 50 yesterday.

1 Like

New Cyrus CDi XR is also shoebox size. V good reviews and easier to find in UK than Heed I suspect

7 Likes

It’s always good to see support for Extinction Rebellion.

2 Likes

Their new BluOS streamers are out in a couple of months also. Keen to investigate myself.

3 Likes

Nait 50 nearly one week in and its still connected within the lounge setup with the 552/500 still in their boxes, I’m starting to prefer less boxes…

20 Likes

I am to the conclusion that less boxes is more over a year ago now. It just lets the music get on with it.

8 Likes

My system in 2020 ,the box count is now steadily reducing .

So the remaining two Naim items are the CD player and the NAT03 ,

The Cdx 2 will be retired (kept in box room) and the Nova will be replaced by Nait 50 , so box count reduced down .

6 Likes

No more streaming then?

1 Like

So the Naim Nait 50 is going to stay in your main system? If so,that is some testament to this wonderful little amp!

My NAIT 50 usurped by Atom in my main system. It feels quite minimalist now

17 Likes

I’m in no rush to setup the 500 rig, all those wires!!

The Nait 50 is very good infact its excellent, minimalistic, musical… stick good source on the end and it delivers.

I took a days holiday today, Vicki’s at her mums (she has Alzheimer’s) carrying out a few jobs, kids at school and here’s me blasting out some Led Zeppelin.

11 Likes

It’s quite unbelievable these good feedbacks!
It remembers me good CB and olive old times.
I think I will looking for my little shoe box too :grinning:

4 Likes

May I enquire as to the speaker stands your Harbeths are on in this picture?

1 Like

I only stream internet radio , this comes from my UQ2 which is the DAC for my Blu Ray and Sky box , this goes into my Nova .

The UQ2 to amp will have a new RCA to DIN lead (4 metres) Shawline X which is about to be launched .

Other thinking going on

Seems to be Hifi Racks stands.

1 Like

Yes, for a time HiFi Racks offered a dedicated stand for Harbeth, it seems to have ceased now.

I believe there is a firm offering dedicated stands (I think it’s German. Good quality but expensive )

best wishes

You might be referring to Skyland stands, I have those delivered by Das andere Hi-Fi Studio (a German dealer, really great service by the way)

4 Likes

X Los Angeles:+1:t3:

1 Like

Sounds like a really good way to spend a Friday afternoon to me :+1: