The new NAIT 50 Limited Edition

You’re right. I will do that tomorrow. (Just about two go out now.)

1 Like

Some of the LED diffusers finally arrived…

c50

They fit pretty good…will take some piccies of them fitted when it is darker, the colours/brightness level should be more apparent.

5 Likes

My weekend off to a great start. Picked up my new Nait 50 from Acoustica and sourced a new vinyl copy of Porcupine Tree - Closure/ Continuation :clap:t2:

I’ve set it up next to my main system for now (Thorens TD124DD & Sugden Sapphire amps) as I need to figure where the second system will eventually go.

Currently my sources for the Nait 50 are Thorens TD 2001 (with Audio-Technica 750SH cart), NDX2, nDAC and Core into my Marten Duke 2 speakers (from my Sugden system).

First off I’m pleasantly surprised how well the Nait has paired with the Martens so far. It’s not quite as good a match as my Sugden amps but it’s driving then well and so far a much easier listen (and not so ‘in yer face’) as my previous 552/300DR combo.

I’m very impressed with the built in MM phono stage, very quiet with no hum and a good match with my vintage Thorens TD 2001.

Early days yet but I’m pleased with how well the Nait 50 is sounding from the off. A great one box solution, with lovely retro feel and design. Well done Naim! :+1:t3:

21 Likes

I’m still waiting for rs to ship, ordered over a week ago. Just 10 green ones.

Update from rs:
your item is coming from Japan, this usually takes up to a week for shipping.

Shipping started 05.07.23 and is scheduled to end beginning of next week and will be followed by the delivery shortly after.

2 Likes

in my humble opinion, the nait 50 will bring you back to music

3 Likes

I was just by my dealer to order one of the fourteen Nait50 they could receive from Naim.
I will build a nice musical little system.
:grinning:

2 Likes

Yeah, most of mine came from Japan, the red ones from France (not arrived as yet )…global sourcing.

In Japan they are true masters in creating red dots.

1 Like

Hai

1 Like

Love to see the 2001 still working… had fun with phonosophie 3 today… and nice setup with lovely nait 50.

1 Like

What I like most is the vintage (ikea) Fraim… there was a time when a rack for you TT costs less than 10 mark :slight_smile:

1 Like

Struggling to get good piccies on the iphone…

The '50 LED is super bright to me and quite distracting, with the LED diffusers on it is less bright and much better. Yellow is not bad, white is a little bright still, green is good (lighter shade than Naim green)…
Red is due soon as are 2 more shades of white…

Without these I think I would really struggle with the brightness, and now I can chose colours… :smile:

Thanks Steve S for the suggestion.

2 Likes

It’s a hard choice between red and green IMO.
The little amp looks great. :+1:t2:

2 Likes

TBH, I am a little overwhelmed with how good it sounds… :smiley:

4 Likes

Here are my late '80s Audiotech tables ready for new/vintage Naim boxes
I formerly used these with Lp 12, nac 42, 62, 140 and more recently with 282/250 before switching to Fraims

6 Likes

Where are folk getting these led covers?

2 Likes

I found this link further back.

Apparently the Nait 50 suffers from a case of Linn Akurate Radikal Laser Light Syndrome. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yes I was quite surprised this link to a website was allowed :thinking:
Certainly may help members though and that’s what it’s about isn’t it!

1 Like

No unauthorised commercial links are allowed here in the Hifi Corner. Could you flag the link in question as I can’t see it.

No, I’m not saying another word! :+1::rofl:

2 Likes