The OFFICIAL Katzky2021 Atom HE vs Bartok Thread

Isn’t entry like $6k?

no roughly 700-800Euro for a power cable

1 Like

The Bartok sound is quite different from typical Naim sources. Admittedly I’ve never heard a top end Naim source just NDX and down. Atom HE is the best of those. At least in my particular use case.

The Rossini, otoh, is sublime beyond my expectations. I’ve heard $500k systems in purpose built rooms back in 2013-14 and the Rossini make my relatively modest system sound better than anything I’ve heard prior. At least within my limited interest.

2 Likes

What did it replace?

Their top power cord, 3m, costs 36k.

Are the entry level already better vs powerline?

Powerigel with 6 outlets.

warning: this cable is VERY stiff…

1 Like

In order to safely use it the Atom, I have to put support the cable so it comes straight out for first foot. Not practical and will have to find a reasonable substitute.

Doubt it’s nearly as awful as the PSA I’m using… I have two and one is three meters. This one is only usable for a straight line from power receptacle to the power distribution thingy. Before I upgrade my system this year, that’s how I used it but it felt like it put tons of stress on the receptacle.

1 Like

I was running a Powerline into my DCS Network Bridge, and another into my Dave. After a trial I replaced both with Shunyata Venom NR V10 - giving a more balanced sound and better bass control.

I haven’t tried a Shunyata into my Atom (normal), but the Powerline gives a marked improvement over the standard cable.

Hi @Katzky2021 I suggest you try your Powerline with the Atom HE and your audiophile cable with the Bartok…

1 Like

I have a rossini and clock and have absolutely no intention of changing it, not even for the vivaldi, why?, well it sounds fantastic, all the good bits of a nd555, but with even more details and 3d sound stage, absolutely love it, but saying that I am loving my vinyl more and more

2 Likes

I’ve tried PowerLine (Naim) and Ansuz A2 prior. The only time I really heard a difference was when going to C2. I was able to trade in my A2’s so that helped a lot with total cost.

There is an interesting trend on one “high end” forum I read of system owners using super inexpensive power cables of a particular Chinese brand. I have no idea what’s going on there.

Thanks, very helpful. I will decline then the Anzus, because the C2 is out of my budget.

I just ordered an Atom HE , and a Focal utopia .
what did you use for the burn in ? and how long did you leave it on for each day ?

Nice post , thanks for sharing .

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.