The Polarbear (Nigel)

Sending best wishes for a speedy recovery - it is a sober reminder that many of us are at the stage in life where this can happen at any time, and alter the best laid plans.

Godspeed PB.

1 Like

All the best Nigel, swift recovery.

Dave

1 Like

Wishing you a speedy return to your music.

1 Like

Hope things get moving for you.

I am in hospital too at the moment. Watching James May on Amazon Prime has been entertaining…

My issue not as serious as a heart attack but unpleasant enough in it’s way. Luckily they are now allowing visitors.

Best, Al

2 Likes

Thanks Al, I am sorry to hear you are in hospital too, I wish you a speedy recovery :blush:

Sadly, we don’t have tv here, it’s so boring but at least I have my iPad, they are not allowing visitors here, poor Karen turned up with a bag for me but I couldn’t see har as I am hooked up to a monitor and they wouldn’t let me come off it to see her.

3 Likes

Thanks Mark, I do wonder what the effect of COVID has had as I have not managed to get as much exercise in and stress levels have been higher than I would have liked!

5 Likes

When I was in for heart attack and then CABG I had my laptop and the hospital had excellent wifi.

So I did VPN connection to work where I store my music backup. Music player over VPN worked very well indeed. My only issue was, by the third day by ears were painful from wearing headphone for 12 hours a day!

I feel for you though, even with music and tv (via PC), it does get VERY boring. The arrival of meals is a source of excitement, even if it is uneatable!

I’m sure it will all go fine; chin up! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I 've just got Amazon Prime for £79/year. The Prime app gets you access to Amazon TV/movies etc. I use the hospital WiFi to stream video (basic Amazon music included in package).

Shame about no visitors. Medway have just allowed visitors from Monday just gone. Local policies perhaps?

1 Like

ISTR I was using the ‘usual suspects’ (BBC/ITV/&c.) and Netflix.

As you say, probably local polices. Often allowances &c. that Boris announces on the telly seem to be ignored by local institutions :frowning:

Doesn’t sound like much of a party PB! Are you up to reading books if Karen can source them? I could give you a few music related and other good reads. I’m sure others could chip in too. Hope they can sort you out soonest.
All the best,
Kevin

2 Likes

Sadly, I am not one for books, I am more an audio person, I struggle to take information in when read. Fortunately I am in contact with many people who are keeping me occupied so it’s not too bad :blush:

6 Likes

Well, that’s a very unwelcome distraction for you Nigel!

You were a prolific influencer on here when I tuned in and I’m looking forward to you returning to tip top form and getting back to influencing us again! Seriously, follow the good Dr’s instructions and best wishes for a successful recovery.

Peter

1 Like

That was back In the days when I had time to spend chatting on forum’s but quite rightly the new brigade have taken over and they are doing a great job.

I am certainly seeing it as a warning and will make changes to my lifestyle so there’s life in the old bear yet lol.

Good news I am now off the monitors and my risk levels have lowered :blush:

39 Likes

That’s great news Nigel. Keep getting better!

2 Likes

Encouraging news. Thanks for sharing your update and hopefully see you back soon on HiFi Corner. Still not holding out much hope to read about you converting to an LP12 LOL!!

Peter

1 Like

Wishing you all the very best PB, glad you are on the mend. Surely all those lovely nurses fussing over you makes it a bit more bearable :joy:

Peter

1 Like

Good to hear Nigel :blush:

1 Like

Aw ra best, Senõr Bear.

1 Like

Thanks Dave, now where are we with your system, have you got that 500 yet :joy::joy:

3 Likes

Why is it people called Peter keep trying to get me to buy an LP 12 lol?

5 Likes