The Soundtrack Thread

Really? That’s pretty interesting

I’m a big fan of soundtracks, they can be so engaging and full of verve. The other day I was playing Jurassic World. “Costa Rican Standoff” is stunning and powerful, what a nice track.

Talking about game soundtracks, this one sounds interesting to me:

1 Like

Or whilst on the Vangelis theme can’t forget this one

2 Likes

From Dusk Till Dawn soundtrack.

No contest! :wink:

9 Likes

11 Likes

I had this on cassette tape and wore it out, very atmospheric and Julie Cruise’s lovely vocals.

Peter

One of my all time favorites … great movie too … Bill Nighy shines … and rocks.

3 Likes

My favorites

8 Likes

Nice choice!
I like Flashdance, Dirty Dancing and Top Gun too. Also The Blues Brothers and Pulp Fiction are great.

Talking about old soundtracks, Pretty Woman is enjoyable as well:

3 Likes

Baby Driver,superb !

1 Like

And I am done!

6 Likes

@Lorro1 I need to listen to it. I’ve always ignored it to be honest.

@emrei Saturday Night Fever, what an atmosphere it creates.

1 Like

The thing about my favorites there are all quite old movies, it is because I am old or they don’t make good ones anymore:)

Baby driver maybe only the new one I like, specially Adriano Celentano song, it is such a good song

1 Like

Some crackers on your lists. I’d add Singles into that.
I also love the uplifting feel of this album (and the film too).

3 Likes

If you’re talking scores as opposed to a curation of existing tracks, I love Clint Mansell (formerly of Pop Will Eat Itself). He’s composed some great stuff imo for films and games.

1 Like

@emrei I agree about movies, it’s difficult but not impossibile. Referring to soundtracks I think there are some great ones around!

@thebadyogi Yes, you got it right!

What about James Newton Howard?
I like the crescendos and the atmosphere of Red Sparrow, “The Steam Room” is my favourite:

By the way @thebadyogi, good idea to share each Tidal link

2 Likes

Singles is a great one! They are going great in Luxembourg:))

1 Like

Soundtracks by Ennio Morricone, Stelvio Cipriani and John Barry are among my favourites.
Some I love:
folder

folder
folder
folder

2 Likes

6 Likes

I remember buying,and please forgive my spelling,Presincolenainsininetuso,what a video !