The Soundtrack Thread

What about a thread dedicated to soundtracks?

What are your favourite ones and what are the best performing albums on your Hi-Fi system?

One of my all time favourite soundtracks is Jurassic Park:

Also I would like to mention Mission Impossible - Fallout:

and The Crown (both Season One and Two):

1 Like

The non-orchestral versions of the soundtrack from Guardians of The Galaxy 1 & 2. Both albums feature some of the best music from the 70’s The awesome mix tapes were compiled by Quill’s mum before she died and given to Quill who played them on his Walkman throughout the films. Great music.

7 Likes

An old local favourite - Morning of the Earth, the first real surf movie. Late 60s early 70s bands, few gems.

The Mission, the movie was excellent, the sound track even better.

7 Likes

@johnt I had a quick listening to it, you can surely feel the 70s!

@Pete_the_painter I almost forgot Mission, but it quickly came up in my mind. I do remember the main theme, it’s very unique.

I often feel more connected to the soundtrack rather than the movie itself.

Here is another soundtrack, very smart but full of verve:

1 Like

8 Likes

Both of these were game changers for a teenager with a developing interest in non-chart music

6 Likes

Sticking this in before someone else does!

A great album for a magnificent movie. Rutger Hauer’s beautiful final words flowing through “Tears in Rain” at the end.

Peter

15 Likes

That’s surely an interesting one, also what about the new one?
They are very different for sure! The first track creates such a dark atmosphere.

@GeoffC nice choice!

3 Likes

I have the 2 albums from new Westworld series by Ramin Djawadi and really like those. Surely Pulp Fiction soundtrack must get a mention as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

Screenshot 2020-05-22 at 16.05.38

It taught me Wagner did more than Ride Of The Valkyries

I had this on the turntable the other day

5 Likes

Paris Texas is great.

The Gladiator soundtrack should only be played Loud. Incidentally the film was 20yrs old last week. How time flies!

5 Likes

Screenshot 2020-05-22 at 16.10.50

Or what about this, from around the same time?

Where would it be without the theme from Vangelis?

7 Likes

Can’t really remember the music but the movie is excellent and stands up really well to the original, which is not always the case with a follow up.

Peter

@biddler66 It might be worth mentioning Iron Man and Game of Thrones too

@Ian2001 That did happened to me as well with other artists and soundtracks

1 Like

The Killing Fields, by Mike Oldfield

3 Likes

@Blacknote

One of the tracks from the American Beauty Soundtrack was regularly played at naim demonstrations.

My son likes a very wide range of music, and is an keen CD soundtrack buyer (including the one you have posted). His collection includes many Feature Films, TV shows and even Game soundtracks.

Of course! Great title tune.

Mr V must have made a mint from these two movies.

Peter

1 Like

Or Local Hero with fantastic soundtrack by Mark Knoffler.

4 Likes

The wonderful,soundtrack from Simon and Garfunkel , classic

5 Likes

Soundtrack to Betty Blue - I remember playing this an awful lot in my vinyl days

10 Likes